Greetings from High Point, NC

Nightjar

Hi all. I've only recently gotten into Malifaux, and so far I'm quite impressed. It's the first new minis game to attract my attention in the past 8 or 10 years, and I'm pretty excited about it.

I've only played a couple of games so far (and one was really just a tutorial), but I've managed to get a few of my local wargaming friends interested as well.

I noticed, in searching past posts, that there have been a couple of other players from Greensboro, NC. Anyone know if they're still around?

Hi and welcome! Great to hear that Malifaux got your attention, that's our goal after all, and of course we're thrilled that you and your friends are enjoying it. I wish I could tell you about other players in NC, as I know I've seen more than a few around the boards, but I didn't keep close tabs on them all. Hopefully one or two might see this intro thread!

Anyway, welcome, we're also glad to have you here on the forums, as we always have room for more around here :D

Hi Ciaran. Thanks for the welcome. Huntersville/Cornelius is a bit of a drive, but we might be able to work something out sometime. :) Do you guys play at an LGS?

Right now it's just me and three friends. Since the LGS closed in the Triad, there's not much of a solid wargaming community in the Greensboro/High Point area (not that I know of, anyway), but fortunately I have plenty of space and scenery at my home for hosting games.

We've only played a few games, and they've been a blast. I love the intricate tactical depth Malifaux offers, as well as the use of cards instead of dice.

I'm mainly fielding Colette and Kirai's Crews right now; the tactica and such on this forum has been really informative and have helped answer a lot of questions. One of my friends has picked up the Ortegas and Pandora's Crew, another has gotten started on Ramos and Zoraida's crews, and the third is playing Seamus's crew. A pretty good mix, huh?

Do you guys play at an LGS?

We've only played a few games, and they've been a blast. I love the intricate tactical depth Malifaux offers, as well as the use of cards instead of dice.

I'm mainly fielding Colette and Kirai's Crews right now; the tactica and such on this forum has been really informative and have helped answer a lot of questions. One of my friends has picked up the Ortegas and Pandora's Crew, another has gotten started on Ramos and Zoraida's crews, and the third is playing Seamus's crew. A pretty good mix, huh?

Yep, we play at Parker Banner Kent and Wayne in Cornelius. We mostly play Thursday evenings and Sundays. I'm often there other times for pick up games or painting.

I LOVE the card mechanic myself. I actually have a hard time with dice based games now. They frustrate the hell out of me.

Yeah, that's definitely a mix! That's no bad thing though. I might suggest people try to stay within faction just a bit as it will give you more flexibility in crew choices after you flip strategies.

Keep in touch, please let us know if y'all need anything.

Yep, we play at Parker Banner Kent and Wayne in Cornelius. We mostly play Thursday evenings and Sundays. I'm often there other times for pick up games or painting.

I LOVE the card mechanic myself. I actually have a hard time with dice based games now. They frustrate the hell out of me.

Yeah, that's definitely a mix! That's no bad thing though. I might suggest people try to stay within faction just a bit as it will give you more flexibility in crew choices after you flip strategies.

Keep in touch, please let us know if y'all need anything.

Thanks again. I can see where you're coming from on the card mechanic. I'm a long-time Confrontation player (I've been playing the original metal-minis versions of that game since it was released in America almost a decade ago), and I still love the game. But I gotta admit I was getting a bit burnt out on the nerve-wracking risk of rolling auto-fail 1's. The cards in Malifaux really intrigued me when I read the rules manual PDF, and they're one of the many reasons I decided to invest in the game. I love the added level of control and tactics they add!

I can also see why you suggest sticking within a faction to start with. Even just sticking with a single crew for awhile seems like a good idea, as it's taking me awhile to really learn what my crews can do and how to use them effectively. But that complexity is another big draw for me.