My Rasputina Crew

Tpenksa

Had an AMAZING tourney at my local game store which I shall post about later in the battle reports section. Anyhow I have always wanted to post some pictures of my crew but I don't have a camera.... as more people start posting pictures on our gaming site I should get a few more up here...

Anyway CC always welcome as this is my first completely painted crew!

2011_05_01_9999_9.JPG

The rider was just a Necron Immortal chopped in half and added to a Chaos Murauder Horseman with the axe replaced with a Space Ork Axe.

The blues I start with necron abyss, wash with back. Re-layer Necron Abyss. Then Enchanted Blue . Then I go Enchanted Blue mixed with Ice Blue. Then Ice Blue, Then Ice Blue with White. Top off the final touches with just white. All my mixes are just at 50:50 to keep it simple.

All the models I listed and paint colors are from Games Workshop for people who didn't know.

Thanks guys/girls for all of your feedback!

Just a question on the painting:

Today I learned a tecknique using oil paints.

Did you use a white base coat and then layer on inks/wahses until you achieved the desired "ice" effect?

Eg. Deeper, darker colours in the recesses with thinner layers of the inks/washes on the raised surfaces?

Just a question on the painting:

Today I learned a tecknique using oil paints.

Did you use a white base coat and then layer on inks/wahses until you achieved the desired "ice" effect?

Eg. Deeper, darker colours in the recesses with thinner layers of the inks/washes on the raised surfaces?

No I just applied three different shades of blue "blending" in between each color. I use a black wash after the darkest blue is applied then go back over it in that blue.

To help achieve the "ice effect" I pick out just some of the sharp points and corners with white.

Thank you for your comments!