Marcus Feral and Alpha

Soulreclaimer

Well a model has 2 General Ap to use during the turn and can use a single (0) action normally. So unless Marcus has any of the abilities which additional Ap (which he doesnt) he only has 2 general Ap to use. He has Instinctual so he can use another (0) action in the turn though.

But since he has none of the abilities that add more Ap to him, you are correct. He can not move(take a Wk action) on the turn he wishes to use Alpha because he lacks the Ap to move and use the (2) spell unless you can some how give him more AP (like giving him fast etc).

Edited by karn987

Well.. You could cast Wild Heart and then take the Serpent, charge with your second (0) action and hope to hit to get the Primal Reaction trigger off and then still have 2 AP left to cast Alpha with on whatever you hit with the Primal Reaction, that way you'd get 8 inches of movement, although you wouldn't have Stare Down for the Alpha.. :/

There are a few of tricks you can use to free up some actions here:

- Raptors can turn things into a Beast for you

- If you set things up with a Shikome you can get Fast for Marcus via Hunting Partner, if he's close to the Prey. Remember that Alpha is not an attack, so Hunting Partner won't limit your actual target.

- It would be a very strange setup and I have no idea how well it would work overall, but I think you could use a Silent One and Snowstorm to get some extra movement play (don't have books handy, Snowstorm can move things just with Frozen Heart, right?)

Remember that Alpha is not an attack, so Hunting Partner won't limit your actual target.

Alpha IS an attack. It's a spell, which targets an enemy, and has a Resist. So it is an Attack.

And I think the Snowstorm/Silent One trick would work, but that's a lot of models that don't have much synergy with Marcus otherwise.

You wouldn't need a Silent One for the Snow Storm to move Marcus around.. Snow Storm can give models Frozen Heart on their own, and can even move models without Frozen Heart around anyway..

That said I don't think the points invested in Snow Storm would be worth it in a Marcus list.. :/

Alpha IS an attack. It's a spell, which targets an enemy, and has a Resist. So it is an Attack.

Whoops. I think I knew this, brain just fritzed on me :) So, you would be limited to the Prey... But it's still a decent option for getting some speed :)

And Snowstorm would definitely be an expensive way to get Marcus around, but she's relatively tough on her own, too, so it might be worth it. And I've often argues that Marcus' strength doesn't come from effect synergy with his beasts anyway, so you're probably not giving up all that much.

Haven't really looked at it in depth, was just trying to brainstorm movement options for him.

Heh, speaking of Alpha, had a fun occurrence last night where Marcus used Feral and then Alpha on my Desolation Engine, which promptly turned around and Charged Levi, then pulled the Red Joker for damage and outright killed Levi, and then was in range to kill Alyce as well (she only had 2 Wds left) but luckily he flipped the Black Joker for damage on her! Thankfully....Levi came back next round. :D

Was still pretty awesome to see Marcus pull that off.

I have started up now with Marcus and I feel that using a 0 for a charge is better then feral because you can get a positive twist with eagle to hit with and you get moving while you do it. It works very well vs Rasputina who I did it against but unfortunately my cards for spelling his own models were not great so lost that game.