Witchling Stalkers' Weapons

i_was_like_you

This is probably a moot point, but why were the Witchling Stalkers modeled with two, possibly three weapons options (the cloak could be hiding a pistol on the one who is pointing), when they all get the same stats?

Losing the pistol but gaining paired Shattered Runed Blades on the dual sword model looks like it would have been an interesting option for this sculpt without having to change the point value of the model.

We do already have to keep track of models based on their picture on their cards, and models like the Viktorias, albeit they are Masters, have separate weapons based on their sculpts, or vice versa, so it wouldn't be any extra book keeping than we already do.

That's not to say that we should be able to re-sculpt / customize our own models to change their weapons, but if the official models are going to differ, I do think that their stats should reflect it.

I'd much rather see some cool variety in the models than have exact matching stat card weapons to what each of the models is carrying. The whole WYSIWIG thing that some games insist on irritates me as it is usually applied at the cost of models looking good.

The variety in the witchlings is what drew me to them in the first place, if it had just been sword and pistol for them all they'd have been a lot more boring. When you're dealing with 5-6 model crews I'd hate for them to become repetative.

Yeah I like a bit of variety too in the models, and WYSIWYG doesn't seem to be a problem in terms of weapon loadouts in Malifaux, just as long as your opponent can figure out what model its supposed to be!

We quite often substitute other models (sorry wyrd) in friendly games for their wyrd equivalents just for variety.

Both of my sets of Stalkers are in the middle of receiving what was meant to be a quick and dirty paint job. I'll add in the cool extras like glowing eyes and swords later, but I want to get them finished to have at least two of my eight (and counting) crews painted. I'd just started on Hulk Hogan and his Suburban Commandos, err, I mean VonSchill and the Freikorp, and they're nearly done.

And yes, I have two sets of Witchling Stalkers. I do intend to pull Violation of Magic a few good times in a scrap or brawl. [Just let me team Sonnia up with a Hoffman using a Mobile Toolkit, I only need to flip or cheat a 10 into play to get it off and maybe spend a soulstone to beat their Wp resist.]

Although someone's signature may be wrong in telling Chompy that we all become Mannequins, as it does not affect Masters, we do all become Witchling Stalkers if we're not careful.