Off Topic Playground

Afternoon Chaps. Testing waters, who wants to buy a guild crew?

This sucks munkey that you have to sell up.... I would say me, but i have all the guild stuff already. Stick it in the trading forum, if its the lady J one, I know the painting is great so should garner interest...

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Does give a slightly friendlier touch to the place though.

Of course, by this time tomorrow it will be full of bullet holes and/or charred in places.

This time tomorrow? I can already see munkey lining up a potshot!

Yeah I am screwed, on top of being given notice, my £2000 mountain bike was stolen last night and the insurance company (My company) screwed up and are saying it is not covered I swear I am one more thing away from full on depression and mental breakdown :(

Dude that sucks!

Can you argue with the insurance company about it any further? Or are they just stone walling you on it?

Don't give into depression man, hang in there and try to keep your head up! You'll find a way.

Yeah I am screwed, on top of being given notice, my £2000 mountain bike was stolen last night and the insurance company (My company) screwed up and are saying it is not covered I swear I am one more thing away from full on depression and mental breakdown :(

Keep pestering Munkey, I had a problem (nowhere near as much at stake though) with one and just made myself a nuisance until they talked to me..got it sorted favourably within a short space of time.

And as for accomm, any chance you could move back home for a short time, just until you get the funds to move again?

I am waiting to speak to my account manager and see what she says as it was on my previous policy but she cancelled it and redid it to get me a cheaper premium, she also said it had everything my previous one did. So need to see what she comes back with

Damn. Well best of luck with that man! If you were in the US I could point to some agencies that help protect you against this kind of crap :/ but I don't know how it works in the UK.

Just keep the pressure on them though. If UK Insurance companies are anything like US ones, they will try to screw you as hard as they can... especially when they are wrong. But if you just keep fighting back hard, they usually do the right thing.

Afternoon Chaps. Testing waters, who wants to buy a guild crew?

What Crew? How much? Is it painted?

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Not that I am trying to take advantage of your misfortune, but I am slowly realizing I won't get everything I want painted for Adepticon so I am looking to buy painted stuff from people to supplement.

Also Its 50 Degrees and Sunny in Chicago today........Debating playing hooky today

Keep pestering Munkey, I had a problem (nowhere near as much at stake though) with one and just made myself a nuisance until they talked to me..got it sorted favourably within a short space of time.

And as for accomm, any chance you could move back home for a short time, just until you get the funds to move again?

NAh mate, PArents live in Cambridge and me and rach live in Bristol lol.

Also, because I am hyper today and posting fast. Cheer up Munkey, things will look up man. I would still push on your insurance company more. At least in the states if you have a renters or homeowners policy personal property(like a Bike) is covered regardless of where it is stolen.

The game? buy, then kick regnaks ass..he keeps going on and on and on and on about how good he is!

Aye, the game. It is tempting but I think the control system is overly clunky and the game not to responsive. Plus the Orks do not act like Orks since they keep diving for cover... Still, I might get it if I can't find anything else to buy.

~Notices the girls take down Fell's welcome banner, decorate it with hearts and stars and hang it back up again~

There really is no controlling them these days.

~Notices the girls take down Fell's welcome banner, decorate it with hearts and stars and hang it back up again~

There really is no controlling them these days.

You really should try..I came in last week and Herbie had been spraypainted pink and was most disgruntled....

Had to let him loose in the zombie pen just to appease him... then get him resprayed.

Orks are well known for rushing headlong into battle and not even pausing to fire their shootas (if they have them). Lootas will lurk about in the rear and use cover, but only so they can shoot more things, but most of the Orks in the game do not seem to act like Orks.

Then again, I think the worst thing about the game is that you have to be a Ultramarine in the main game :(

Orks are well known for rushing headlong into battle and not even pausing to fire their shootas (if they have them). Lootas will lurk about in the rear and use cover, but only so they can shoot more things, but most of the Orks in the game do not seem to act like Orks.

Then again, I think the worst thing about the game is that you have to be a Ultramarine in the main game :(

Yeah that does kinda grate....

*stamps feet* I Wanna be Raven Guard! I Wanna be Raven Guard!

LOL! I want to be a Dark Angel myself. Bath robe, bolt gun, big boots, no armour and off into battle! They just put the armour on the models so people know they are space marines ;) heheh.

The £9.49 one seems to come to more than the regular price I can get the game elsewhere once the shipping is added so I'll leave that one I think. I just wish I could get Arkham Asylum for a decent price, but it seems to keep going up again :( Resonance of Fate looks interesting, but I know with that company I tend to lose interest in their rpgs pretty quickly (like I am yet to stomach all of a Star Ocean game).

Any other games you can think of recommending on Xbox? Not Skyrim though :P

Any other games you can think of recommending on Xbox? Not Skyrim though :P

You play any of the Mass Effect games yet? ME1 and ME2 should both be pretty cheap to find. Its on my mind since ME3 comes out next week.

They are Bioware RPGs so you squad mates all have a lot of character. The game is an RPG/3rd person shooter hybrid that puts some people off though(since its requires a bit more hand eye coordination then a lot of RPGs). The ending to the 2nd one also was kinda goofy(the whole main story arc had big holes in it, but the side stories were all really awesome and made up for it), but I am hoping ME 3 redeems that.

Oh yeah, and no first person shooters, I find them immensely dull, same with driving games and beat 'em ups :P

I liked RE5 and gears of War though so I might give Mass Effect a look since the first one should be pretty cheap and so long as the games don't require Kinect which I know ME3 seems to favour greatly over controller. I don't do well with Kinect since I'm not physically able to wave my arms about enough lol!