Off Topic Playground

More just a gut feeling. I've been to lots of places (although I've still not visited all the main towns) I'm level 40 odd. I have to be half way there by now.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I only like RPGs when I play video games (don't ever hand me a copy of some of the FF games... you'll never see me again... same with Zelda or the Lego games). I don't like FPS. I don't like MMORPGs. I don't like MMO-anything. Not really into games where all you do is blow crap up. I like my games to have a story...

I'm the same. I won't play anything that requires an internet connection and you'd have to hold me at gun point to play something multiplayer with people from the internet. The FPS games I play are more your Fallout 3 and Skyrim where it is an open environment so you sneak up on the enemies. My favourite games are the RPGs from Bioware or CDProjekt.

I only like RPGs when I play video games (don't ever hand me a copy of some of the FF games... you'll never see me again... same with Zelda or the Lego games). I don't like FPS. I don't like MMORPGs. I don't like MMO-anything. Not really into games where all you do is blow crap up. I like my games to have a story...

Honestly, all joking aside, Space Marine is the first non-story I've managed to get into since...oh, 7 or 8 years ago. I live for a good story, and I tend to only stick to games with good stories. For example: Portal 2 had not one shred of combat to it. It was a freaking puzzle game. But the writers did such a good job of making me go 'I wonder what happens next...' that time disappeared on me in a way that only Mass Effect has managed to pull off for a while.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

The only MMO I've given any serious consideration to is The Old Republic, and that's because I got to play it, and it's the sequel to KOTOR...the story sequel to KOTOR. Each class has hour after hour of story to it, and the story is actually written pretty damn well. If MMORPGs were like this, I'd actually play them. Only thing keeping me from playing that one is that, when I tried to install the Beta, the program literally told me I didn't have enough processor cores, lol.

If they released it as a single player game (or even a series of games) then I'd get it as I loved KOTOR 1 and 2 (also love Obsidian as a developer, forgot them above) even with their flaws. Best Star Wars anything.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Home time. Have a great weekend everyone.

What about mass effect?

Ah, Skyrim...

I've gotten to the point where my sneak-n-snipe Khajiit is only enjoyable in short doses. He's got some points in other skills (like Smithing and Enchanting) but his focus is Sneak and Archery, with some Alchemy and Light Armor in there for good measure. I don't even need poisons unless I want to try for a one-shot on big nasty monsters or a three-hit kill on a Dragon. Most things die in one to two arrows. Kinda fun to make a boss battle a shooting gallery, but there's little tension now.

I've got more characters to try out. Here they are, race and skill foci:

Orc fighter- Two-handed, Heavy Armor, and Smithing

Nord fighter- One-handed (sword), Block, and Heavy Armor

Breton cleric- Restoration, Heavy Armor, One-handed (mace).

Argonian mage- Destruction, Restoration, Alteration

Imperial diplomat- Illusion, Speechcraft, Pickpocket

Dark elf mage/assassin- Sneak, One-handed (dagger), Alteration/Illusion/Destruction

I also want to make an assassin/acrobat type based around Sneak, Alchemy, and One-handed (dual wield). I'm dividing the genders up evenly so I can see what all the clothing and armor looks like.

Also playing around with mods- the Fletching and Smithing ones are particularly good. After using those I am glad I got the PC version.

I can't recommend the game enough, unless you get addicted to good games easily. Then stay the hell away from it. I rationalize because I don't watch TV at all.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Mass Effect's on PC now, isn't it? I know it's on 360 and PS3...

Honestly, and Reg and I were discussing this while we were playing, the story is pointless. Just skip it. No, the game is worth the money merely because the multiplayer is fun.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

That, and you can really trick out your armor if customization is your thing.

Ed was pretty impressed with how awesome I am at this game... I was kicking ass all over the place not to mention at the same time keeping and eye on him and saving him constantly.... I like to think that if people could vote I'd be voted the man of the match over and over again....

Ed might have a different version of events but I'll put this down to the fact that he was tired and was finding it hard to keep up! :P:) *wink*:)*grin*

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Oh and just so everyone knows Ed is awesome! :)

Get the game and join our crew! :)

You better believe I have a few differences in my memory of the events...what was that one game? You died, what, 5 times for 2 kills? ;) Twas great fun, man! I'm definitely going to be looking for a copy to pick up this weekend so we can keep at it. I've got a few friends here in the States who might be interested in joining us in the Chaos Unleashed Exterminatus (which is somehow so much better than normal mode...and you're right, those Guardsmen are tough for some reason, lol).

You better believe I have a few differences in my memory of the events...what was that one game? You died, what, 5 times for 2 kills? ;) Twas great fun, man! I'm definitely going to be looking for a copy to pick up this weekend so we can keep at it. I've got a few friends here in the States who might be interested in joining us in the Chaos Unleashed Exterminatus (which is somehow so much better than normal mode...and you're right, those Guardsmen are tough for some reason, lol).

Yeah... sounds good Sir. Would be great to play the Chaos Unleashed option with you guys... After all you needs a glorious leader! :) I know, I know... you are honoured. ;)

*Yawn* Morning All! How are you lot today then?

I'm guessing Path is still playing on Arkham while wearing his Batman outfit? *grin*

Found it tough getting up today... was up at 9:00am but with all the "just another 10mins" alarm changes I ended up getting out of bed at 11:00! This morning (whats left of it) will be spent out food shopping (with beer of course) and then when I come back maybe a little Space Marine with Ed if I can get on (The Fiancee received the new Final Fantasy game in this mornings post to review for the magazine she writes for, so its fight over the xbox time!) or failing that hobby time.