Off Topic Playground

You guys read this:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28304

?

it started off as a good thread and quickly degenerated from there :D

Oh deary me!

Hmmmmm I have a feeling that the thread has lost its meaning...I hope one day to be able to afford to go to GenCon...you guys are so very lucky over there in the states....although I still want a zuzzy board haha

Heh, good thread, had to put in a little piece of input from myself on the horrors of airport security :P

When I used to visit the States I'd stock up on books, gaming minis, dvds, etc and then ship them back to myself. With the value it would have cost several hundred pounds in import tax, and mailing them to myself as gifts, about $80 shipping, lol!

I'd forgot about those gaming mats. Seen a few IRL and they are pretty good. Just wish I could UK retailers stocking them, as the shipping on them is murder :( (1 mat is about $85 for a UK customer).

Right, time to go sort out my Malifaux crew for tonight. Very tempted to take Sonnia with Witchlings, Gunsmiths, a Watcher and Nino, heh.

I'd forgot about those gaming mats. Seen a few IRL and they are pretty good. Just wish I could UK retailers stocking them, as the shipping on them is murder :( (1 mat is about $85 for a UK customer).

Right, time to go sort out my Malifaux crew for tonight. Very tempted to take Sonnia with Witchlings, Gunsmiths, a Watcher and Nino, heh.

yup....its a shame cause i really want one but its like $25 for the mat and $60 shipping

I'd never heard of them before... but they seem really neat :)

I know would be perfect for demoing as i could just roll it up and away i go...the paint don't even fleck off or chip even when playing on it....BUT they are only available in the US of A and no UK stockists....$60 shipping to get one here is a lot

~Walks back in to the thread all cheerful, notices the moving box and puts very heavy weights on top of it, then has 3 girls sit on it as well to make sure~

Don't worry, that rat will not be bothering us anymore :)

Had a fun game of Malifaux tonight, Sonnia vs Kirai with a joint strategy of Delevier a Message.

I accidentally blew up Kirai when Sonnia managed to get out a full strength boost and 3 blasts and had nowhere else to place them (oops) and took the schemes Hold Out and Exterminate (choosing Seishin, heh). Theend result was 4VP all with only 4 Witchlings on the table. Sonnia cast a spell on herself knowing she was about to die, got killed and blew up everything within 3" of her (namely a witchling, a Desperate Merc., a Gaki and Datsue-ba).

Never had much luck with Witchlings in melee until tonight either with managing to charge and inflicting 6 damage on 1 go, heh.

Other things of note... both of us flipped a red joker each in strikes (in the same turn) and later flipped Black Jokers for damage (again in the same turn).

Again Nino the Ninny failed to impress. He never hit a thing and then got taken down by a Shikome... the fool! Mr. T (my Executioner) will have to sort him out.

I played a game last week with Z... my first game with her since April or so... I lost... but it was good... he was right $$$$$$$$ed off when I was killing off his stuff... with his own stuff :angel:

So is this Z a He or a She?

"my first game with her since April"

"he was right $$$$$$$$ed off when I was killing off his stuff"

I think you are making it all up! Instead of a game you were hanging out with Gremlins and you don't want the Guild finding out! :D

yup....its a shame cause i really want one but its like $25 for the mat and $60 shipping

Hi. Jim Hubbs from ZUZZY Miniatures here. I don't know where you got that idea from. Our shipping rates are here:

http://www.zuzzy.com/shipping.html

Shipping for a 3x3 mat to Scotland is $19.77. The total price is only $45.11.

You may get a VAT tax or customs added on your end as well. So that might bring the price up a little more. I don't know. But in any case the total cost isn't nearly what you're thinking it is.