Off Topic Playground

Hope the counseling goes well!

I do too. But nothing much that can go wrong.

Heh. I need to get watching that show again, I think I got distracted sometime in series C...

That's there I am, too.

Mornin all

I see what you did there. Oddly enough, if there's one thing this state does right, it's roadwork. TDOT gets shit done. I think the workers get performance bonuses for getting done on or ahead of schedule, plus they work in the middle of the night to minimize traffic issues.

Y'know while I get that traffic can kinda suck, not one of our mayoral candidates has said anything beyond "fix or improve our traffic issues". No mention of the high-speed bus plan from years ago, no rail, no nothing.

Traffic isn't even that bad yet (outside of one particular highway), so we can plan for the future and avoid becoming the next Atlanta (they are never, ever caught up with roadwork there- they started growing too fast in the 90s and didn't plan ahead soon enough, and now it's too late).

heh, well at least that is something :D

At a road they needed to build a bridge over a channel, which made the road exist as an excavation for about 3-4 months. (they did have a seperate temporary road) Then they build the bridge overnight and laid the asphalt that day. Made me wonder where those other months went to.... 

@Dirial

Good luck with councelling.

Hey PD.

Here, they tried a revolutionary new concept last year: Instead of partially closing an Autobahn to work on it for months, with all the dangers and hold ups, they closed one for 3 weeks, but fully. The ensuing traffic was terrible, but they used a vacation season, and it was over rather quickly. I'm curious whether the concept will be followed up.

Hey PD.

Here, they tried a revolutionary new concept last year: Instead of partially closing an Autobahn to work on it for months, with all the dangers and hold ups, they closed one for 3 weeks, but fully. The ensuing traffic was terrible, but they used a vacation season, and it was over rather quickly. I'm curious whether the concept will be followed up.

I think it will depend on how major the autobahn is and the timing.

but to be fair, I would rather have it closed for 3 weeks and be done with it than it being an excavation site for months.

but to be fair, I would rather have it closed for 3 weeks and be done with it than it being an excavation site for months.

Exactly!

It was a pretty major Autobahn. They had to redirect the traffic through a city. Worth it in my eyes, though.

Good, good. I'm educating myself.

More QI? 

Mangaged to pick up Mei Feng and Jacob Lynch from a former player last night on the cheap, only issue is that they're ME1.5 boxes so need to pick up the cards :(

Get 10T Arsenal 1 while it's still available.

Will do, anything else i'd need? Complete list of models picked up last night:

Mei Feng Boxset

Rail Golem

3 Union Miners

Jakob Lynch Box

Mr Tannen

Mr Graves

Beckoners

Depleted

You think it's going to go away? :o

With the upcoming upgrade set? Yeah. Not soon, but some time.

Will do, anything else i'd need? Complete list of models picked up last night:

Mei Feng Boxset

Rail Golem

3 Union Miners

Jakob Lynch Box

Mr Tannen

Mr Graves

Beckoners

Depleted

I fear you'll need Arcanist 1 and 2, 10T 1&2 and Neverborn 1&2. I'd hit the Trade Forum instead.

With the upcoming upgrade set? Yeah. Not soon, but some time.

I fear you'll need Arcanist 1 and 2, 10T 1&2 and Neverborn 1&2. I'd hit the Trade Forum instead.

This cheap pick up looks like it'll cost me then lol