Off Topic Playground

Hey MD, how are you?

Good plan.

Thanks, few other things I need to taste while I am there since this time I wont be with such a fussy eater (I don't trust that foreign muck) type of person. Will not have to survive on McDonalds and Wurst. Can branch out and try Kaseptzle, Sauerbraten and Kartoffelpuffer!

Wurst.

What do you have against Wurst?

Kaseptzle

Kasspätzle? Divine.

Sauerbraten

Pretty good.

Kartoffelpuffer!

Oh yes!

Might want to add Bratkartoffeln or Kartoffelpüree, Rippchen mit Sauerkraut, Grie Soß mit Ei, and of course Schnitzel Wiener Art mit Pommes.

I'm hungry now. Better eat a Bretzel.

What do you have against Wurst?

Kasspätzle? Divine.

Pretty good.

Oh yes!

Might want to add Bratkartoffeln or Kartoffelpüree, Rippchen mit Sauerkraut, Grie Soß mit Ei, and of course Schnitzel Wiener Art mit Pommes.

I'm hungry now. Better eat a Bretzel.

I have nothing against Wurst at all, just like a bit of variety and to try different things. 

The Rippchen mit Sauerkraut sounds delicious, and Grie Soß mit Ei (had to copy cannot work out how to insert the sharp s on my keyboard lol) looks interesting

The Rippchen mit Sauerkraut sounds delicious, and Grie Soß mit Ei (had to copy cannot work out how to insert the sharp s on my keyboard lol) looks interesting

Contrary to popular belief, Germans only eat Sauerkraut when food gets sparse. Rippchen is one of the few exception, together with Kassler.

Grie Soß is a Frankfurt speciality. You won't get it anywhere else, and it's sort of an acquired taste. Me, I would gladly bathe in the stuff.

But saurkraut is so delicious.

It is. It's somewhat reviled as poor people food here, though. Ironically, it's part of some pretty high quality recipes. I love it, but it gets pretty stale if not consumed in doses.

Do other countries eat Rotkraut? It's more prevalent here than Sauerkraut nowadays, especially during winter.

Grie Soß is a Frankfurt speciality. You won't get it anywhere else, and it's sort of an acquired taste. Me, I would gladly bathe in the stuff.

I had to google it and it sounds fantastic to me. The Mrs will be happy with all the desserts and I'll be happy with all the meats, cider and beers (and Cheese) 

It is. It's somewhat reviled as poor people food here, though. Ironically, it's part of some pretty high quality recipes. I love it, but it gets pretty stale if not consumed in doses.

Do other countries eat Rotkraut? It's more prevalent here than Sauerkraut nowadays, especially during winter.

Sauerkraut and Rotkraut are eaten pretty prevalent in the Netherlands.

Sauerkraut mit Wurst is one of our more national foods here.

zuurkoolworst.jpg

I eat a fair amount of Red Cabbage, I use it a lot in cooking when the Mrs is on one of her "diets" but then I really enjoy cooking so will eat or at least try most things.