Off Topic Playground

Intended as a compliment. Easily my favorite character from that show.

Hmpf. I accept it, as I know that you're a guy with good humour who knows that Germans aren't like that.

*goes back to his sex dungeon*

• Like 3

I'm dredging up Alice In Chains again, just for a brief moment, to say their new stuff is still quite good. It sounds exactly like it should- the young guys from the early 90's are older, wiser, more jaded, but not entirely cynical. Just what I need these days.

I wasn't just an alt guy or a metal guy. I did some of both. I have mixtapes around somewhere with Sabbath, AIC, the Wildhearts, and Judas Priest on them. I just liked loud guitars with some crunch in the sound.

I call all of that "90's" and love it. Except college rock. Everclear. Smash Mouth. Crap like that. 

Everclear, sure, but nobody liked Smash Mouth except for "Walking on the Sun," and that faded once the rest of their music came out. I seem to recall their lead singer and Guy Fieri being involved in some sort of project (likely fictional) and that it'd likely be the ur-example of douchebaggery. Back to the point, Smash Mouth isn't really college rock in my mind. Too popular. I think REM, Lush, Jane's Addiction maybe. Mostly bands that I wasn't listening too because I wanted to rock.

Heh, Wild oats days. Oddly enough, the closest I ever had to that was up until a few years ago. A combination of a few things (like the girlfriend coming along) put an end to that. Still, it's flattering as hell when women ten years younger than you think you're attractive, y'know?

• Like 1

Dogs rule..they really do.

You can play with a dog, A dog is loyal. A dog protects you.

A cat just says 'fuck off, I'm licking my balls'*

*statement only works for non neutered male cats obviously.

I used to think this way. This weekend, we took care of the girlfriend's sister's dog (the poor thing freaks out with all of the fireworks, and they are still illegal to shoot where I live- it's all but guaranteed to start a fire here). GF said it best "we traded her stress for ours." My family never owned a dog whose happy noises sounded like growling, or that might bite if I pet her at the wrong time. Most of our dogs would not allow your hand in their mouth even if you made a concerted effort.

It made us appreciate the cats a lot more. One of mine is actually sort of dog-like in behavior. He is kinda clingy and is waiting at the door when I get home (and not just for food, either). He even recognizes the sound of my car pulling up to park- no joke, he reacts differently when my car arrives than if another car parks in the space.