Off Topic Playground

Well if someone loves going to the ikea for fun I am sure he loves his meatballs.

My wife loves going. I usually take her there for her birthday. This is the first credible evidence that you are not her, Mr. Z.

I am strangely intrigued 

Common reaction to anything Dutch.

• Like 2

My wife loves going. I usually take her there for her birthday. This is the first credible evidence that you are not her, Mr. Z.

Common reaction to anything Dutch.

That is actually true, anything Dutch or Africaans I have a strangest compulsion to try 

It's a Kroket, (croquette) a breadcrumped fried roll containing filling of sauce and meat (or potatoes, or fish, or vegetables) and is deep fried. 

I'll make a note to try it on the next Stag Do/Birthday party to Amsterdam, there is bound to be another one or two this year (again!)

It's a Kroket, (croquette) a breadcrumped fried roll containing filling of sauce and meat (or potatoes, or fish, or vegetables) and is deep fried. 

Sounds delish! I'll have to try something like that out someday. I have a croquette recipe that I use with tuna and/or salmon. Comes out pretty good, but I'm still working on a homemade tartar sauce.

I'll make a note to try it on the next Stag Do/Birthday party to Amsterdam, there is bound to be another one or two this year (again!)

They are hard to miss, sold on almost all street corners. (well, almost all snackbars sell them, and supermarkets sell frozen variants, so...)

Viktoria had dubbed them gravy twinkies for some reason :D

Sadly, my roommate left, so the only lamentations were my cat being an annoying jerk because no one was paying attention to him. He cries a lot when he doesn't get attention... just like his mother :D

Cats are awesome. Sadly I'm allergic.

They are hard to miss, sold on almost all street corners. (well, almost all snackbars sell them, and supermarkets sell frozen variants, so...)

Viktoria had dubbed them gravy twinkies for some reason :D

They sound similar to Bitterballen (and I love those) although I have to say I prefer Stamppot and Rookworst out of all the food I tried out there, Snert and Lekkerbekje are up there too