Off Topic Playground

Army books are nice for fluff and such, but not to reference individual models.

Well it looks like they are still retaining units instead of going on an individual model bases, I hear they have no points cost or size cap so it's probably gonna get a little stupid. Unit cards are OK. I use them for WZR and it works fine there but the units sizes are limited and points appropriate. The stuff seen so far for 9th ed WHFB just sounds stupid.

The%20New%20Captain.jpg

Aaron just posted this in the GenCon 2016 thread, I wonder if Wyrd made the female butch looking Dashell type gal to stop Ferossa moaning about Wyrd and their supposed sexist misogynistic regime? :D

Oh I like that, what is it?

Aaron just posted this in the GenCon 2016 thread, I wonder if Wyrd made the female butch looking Dashell type gal to stop Ferossa moaning about Wyrd and their supposed sexist misogynistic regime? :D

I take slight offense with that comment, but you are probably expecting that and just pushing my buttons. I'll not fall for it.

If it's Guild, it's mine.

Not sure but this is what the big guy had to say when he posted it. I assume maybe a possible Miss for the future? He's such a tease I doubt he'll be kind enough to reveal what it actually is...  or will he?

A female Captain Dashel? Something like... this?

The%20New%20Captain.jpg

/looks at zFiend

Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

What did he do now?

Finally got my computer working... How's everyone doing? I hear someone's interested in discussing labor laws.

That would be me... and I don't really want to discuss them. I'm just of the opinion that you Americans could use at least some. :D

• Like 1

He's of the opinion that my volunteering isn't exactly voluntary ;)

I just think that your volunteering isn't healthy because there is no legal limit to protect your sanity and health.

Not exactly my opinion when it's reflected in your check. :P

Yeah, this. If there is work for 2 people, it should be done by 2 people. Better for everyone.

Just about to board a flight, then will drive to a place with no internet and shitty cell reception. However, it does have copious amounts of beer, sausages, steak, and other forms of entertainment. Can't wait.

Enjoy your holiday weekend, all! "See" you all Monday-ish.

The issue at our office is... complicated. We are finally rebuilding the department to actually work this way, with even distribution of work. 

The issue with my paycheck, however, is I started crazy hours during a bad time when we had rampant lates and call outs and people "needing to leave early"... now my overtime is a normal thing. They will never be able to make me salary, though, and limit me to a 40 hour scheduled week, because that means $800 a week for me, and that's well above my 40 hour paycheck. 

Overtime has me in a great position right now. 

Your comment convinced me even more that there is a reason for the legal limit to overtime here. Overtime can be paid up to a certain limit (and it's not high). Everything above has to be balanced by paid free time in the same 6 months or so. If you don't stay at home until you arrive at a balance, you're working for free.

Actually, I heard on NPR the other day that Obama was pushing for a law (IIRC) that would allow employees making up to $50K/year to be eligible to earn (more) OT. To my understanding, the cap for an annual salary is nearly half that much right now (somewhere around $26K/year), so by raising the cap, anyone who's earning within the limit is eligible for more OT.

And contrast to the law that would raise minimum wage, this law doesn't need to go through Congress.

#themoreItrytoknow :P

It's hard to explain how things are in this particular office without being here - my boss agrees with you that I work too much and don't relax, like, ever... but at the same point, it gives me incredible leverage if they decide I need to become salary instead of hourly, because they can't make me work the same hours for less money. They need to match my net pay. 

Well if Obama's law gets passed, I do believe you're covered. That is until we raise your salary to above $50K. :D

It's hard to explain how things are in this particular office without being here - my boss agrees with you that I work too much and don't relax, like, ever... but at the same point, it gives me incredible leverage if they decide I need to become salary instead of hourly, because they can't make me work the same hours for less money. They need to match my net pay. 

The question for me, as a psychologist and a friend, is: Is that leverage worth your health? Because that attitude totally disregards your health and sanity in favor of monetary incentives.