Off Topic Playground

What is the grosset thing you have ever eaten?

For me cottage cheese and peaches together = instant vomiting.  Not sure what it is about that combo for me... I can shovel kimchi down, can handle tripe, I've eaten tongue and eyeball... but cottage cheese and peaches takes the cake.

The grossest thing? The one sausage with cheese inside. It's rated below monkey brains.

For me cottage cheese and peaches together = instant vomiting.  Not sure what it is about that combo for me... I can shovel kimchi down, can handle tripe, I've eaten tongue and eyeball... but cottage cheese and peaches takes the cake.

Marmite, root beer, corned beef from a can... a pumpkin soup gone bad in the sun. That would be the top ranks.

The grossest thing? The one sausage with cheese inside. It's rated below monkey brains.

Berner Würstchen is a sausage filled with cheese and wrapped in bacon. It's one of the greatest swiss achievements of all time.

First off... sausages aren't eaten that much. Our national dish is actually potatoes, I think.

Secondly, I cannot see the fault with sausages and beer?  :blink:

First off, I refuse to believe that. Secondly you confuse yourselves with the Irish. Every country thinks they know what their national dish is and it is rarely what they think it is as far as other nations are concerned. 

Secondly, being a raging carnivore I basically live off of Sausages but Sausages aren't exactly high end eating. It's not like you guys are as famous as the French or Italians for food. 

Berner Würstchen is a sausage filled with cheese and wrapped in bacon. It's one of the greatest swiss achievements of all time.

You have good cheese and bad cheese. The one you mention have good cheese. The one I had in mind had TERRIBLE cheese. (most likely taken from welsh sheep)

First off, I refuse to believe that. Secondly you confuse yourselves with the Irish. Every country thinks they know what their national dish is and it is rarely what they think it is as far as other nations are concerned. 

Secondly, being a raging carnivore I basically live off of Sausages but Sausages aren't exactly high end eating. It's not like you guys are as famous as the French or Italians for food. 

I think they should be happy to be mentioned :P

I love corned beef in a can.  Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy.

but.... You are crazy?

• Like 1

For me cottage cheese and peaches together = instant vomiting.  Not sure what it is about that combo for me... I can shovel kimchi down, can handle tripe, I've eaten tongue and eyeball and even calf testicles... but cottage cheese and peaches takes the cake.

I'd have to say store bought Sushi w. Wasabi... that shit was disgusting. Saying that I could never get my head around Sushi. Can't stand the idea of raw or even barely cooked fish. Saying that I like my Steaks nice and bloody. I want it mooing when it's coming out of the pan. :D

Corned beef? Bleargh. I get my shredded pork directly from the butcher.

I have never eaten French food, and Italian is overrated. 

You are wrong on so many levels. Italian food is awesome, at least in Italy, and French food... is just divine.

In our cantinas and restaurants, potatoes are on the menu every other day. Sausage is lucky to be on once a month.

And there are some pretty divine sausages out there. Not every one is factory-made cheap stuff.

I have never eaten French food, and Italian is overrated. 

French excel at poncy cuisine but their rural rustic stuff is simply amazing. I spent a few weeks out there last year in a small village and the local food was stunning. 

To be fair CJ the shit you guys eat out there probably isn't anything like real Italian food. I know you have "Italians" out there but these days they are probably 2nd or 3rd generation and have never even left their state let alone the country. Italian food is utterly fantastic when done properly. 

• Like 1

In our cantinas and restaurants, potatoes are on the menu every other day. Sausage is lucky to be on once a month.

And there are some pretty divine sausages out there. Not every one is factory-made cheap stuff.

There isn't a British resteraunt within the UK that doesn't sell Potatoes every day of the week. Doesn't make it our national dish mate ;)

Corned beef? Bleargh. I get my shredded pork directly from the butcher.

Corned Beef isn't shredded, it's just jammed into a can that makes it taste of awesome, I wont hear anything else on the matter *blocks ears and eyes*  :D

French excel at poncy cuisine but their rural rustic stuff is simply amazing. I spent a few weeks out there last year in a small village and the local food was stunning. 

To be fair CJ the shit you guys eat out there probably isn't anything like real Italian food. I know you have "Italians" out there but these days they are probably 2nd or 3rd generation and have never even left their state let alone the country. Italian food is utterly fantastic when done properly. 

Here+for+future+use+_483d2e3ead21878f296

There isn't a British resteraunt within the UK that doesn't sell Potatoes every day of the week. Doesn't make it our national dish mate ;)

Then what does? If it's eaten every day, it's the thing people eat, thus the national dish. Logical.

Corned Beef isn't shredded, it's just jammed into a can that makes it taste of awesome, I wont hear anything else on the matter *blocks ears and eyes*  :D

9ff818a2c3cdbe2362b3c33dec79ad9a.jpg

Then what does? If it's eaten every day, it's the thing people eat, thus the national dish. Logical.

Most of the world would say the British national dish is Fish and Chips or a Roast Beef Dinner. We don't eat them every day. It's what the people perceive to be your dish that makes it so. I've not had a roast dinner in weeks and fish and chips? Years! 

Germans are considered to be sausage munching, schnitzel loving beer drinkers who couldn't cook a solid meal if their life depended on it over here. You guys think we have shit food which is actually a pretty outdated stereotype, these days it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.