Off Topic Playground

And, I HATE my LGS!!

I go in there at lunchtime to mooch, no intention to buy..

The dude is having a sale on damaged box goods...and what was in the pile?

Misaki box for HALF PRICE!!

What could I do?  I feckin bought it....

You have no choice. It was destiny.

My specialty. Also it comes from being in New York every day. This place just makes you angry at slow moving foot traffic.

He speaks the truth, D. NYC makes you question your life choices on a regular basis.

I missed a court hearing a couple months ago because the president wanted to randomly stop and get a burger. On the flip side, everyone in this city knows it's a reality. When I told the judge why my client didn't have representation at his hearing and the event had to be rescheduled, he laughed and gave me a pass.

Thats kinda terrible actually.

Maybe you should walk on foot instead. (and wear a mask to prevent inhaling the fumes.)

Interesting. Friends of mine were there for a trip and they don't stop telling me how awesome it is.

Fun to visit, not the best place to live in (unless you're making $$$$$ on Wall Street, then you just hate your (very wealthy) life).

There are two things the current government has done right:

1) They introduced a minimum wage (which is still too low, but at least they tried)

2) They introduced the Mietpreisbremse which means they regulate the rise of rents in big cities

If you make a lot of $$$$$, you can eventually leave....

You can, sure. The kind of person who will do well on Wall Street will burnout in a matter of years. It will age a person faster than being the US President for a term. They work 80-100 hours/week, and are miserable. They have money but don't have the time or energy to spend it. Suicide, alcoholism, drug use, all rampant there.

It's so messed up and ironic that, to me, it seems like one of Dante's circles of hell.

You can, sure. The kind of person who will do well on Wall Street will burnout in a matter of years. It will age a person faster than being the US President for a term. They work 80-100 hours/week, and are miserable. They have money but don't have the time or energy to spend it. Suicide, alcoholism, drug use, all rampant there.

It's so messed up and ironic that, to me, it seems like one of Dante's circles of hell.

What use do you have for money... If you cannot swim...

• Like 1

I bet the Hudson (by Manhattan) has the same issue.

It would explain a lot.

Also, a lot of the bordellos in Frankfurt don't bother opening up in the night anymore. They make most of their profit during the banks' mid-day break.

What stops me liking Marcus is the whole Beast thing...don't know why but it doesn't rock my boat.  Shame as I think the Marcus, Myranda and Cojo models are pretty sweet.

Regarding Lynch, its the opposite..the Hungering darkness just puts me off, same with the illuminated and depleted.

Jack Daw..for some reason the idea just doesn't grab me..and after initially liking the sculpt..it bugs me now.

And Hamelin, rats...says it all really.. I hate painting fur!