Off Topic Playground

@sKeTCH:

sleep/slēp/

Noun: A condition of body and mind such as that which typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended.

*If Sketch was a Computer trying to find the definition of sleep:

010208-2.png

The finals. Boston vs Montreal in a best of 7 games. Montreal currently has 2 games to our 1, but the Bruins just SMOKED them last game and hopefully are still fired up from what happened to Horton and the chance to win the Cup.

Huh, Montreal? So the American league has canadian teams in it? Hmmmm...

This is the last round of the playoffs. If the Bruins win, they get the cup.

Go Bruins!! ;)

Hey KArn, You've almost hit 6000 posts!

Huh, Montreal? So the American league has canadian teams in it? Hmmmm...

Go Bruins!! ;)

Hey KArn, You've almost hit 6000 posts!

Heh considering they are basically a stones throw away, it's great to have them in the league. Boston has a big rivalry with the other Canadian team, that series in the Playoffs was brutal. There was a fight about 3 seconds into the first period of one of those games. Puck dropped, centers punched each other XD. I love Hockey <3

And sorry, we are playing Vancouver (The Canucks) right now, we played Montreal in the first round (always get them mixed up).

Ah that would explain it.

And I'm not going to ask where frogs come into it...I guess its because the Canadians are descended from the French?

Is there really such a big rivalry between the Americans and the Canadians?

I always hear about it, but don't know whether its another English/scottish kinda thing?

I would have said Welsh but the English know we don't like them! ;)

Pokes an englishman with a stick...

It's because their French... I really have nothing against Canada in and of itself (half of the US thinks Maine is PART of Canada....)

What I don't like is Canadian Tourists... wait, that's not quite right. I like when they come to the US and spend all their vacation money on fivilous shit... I don't like their attitudes. I work retail. My paycheck depends on the tourists. I speak enough French to know when they are being rude... and I sometimes want to tell them to get bent. When you can't do EXACTALLY what they want, EXACTALLY when they want you to do it, they act as though you're being willfully stupid. It get old fast.

I guess both sides think the other has the longer end of the stick, and we're trying to poke each other in the eyes... On an individual basis.

As far as Hockey goes, It's the only good thing to come out of Canada... most of the players in the NHL are from Europe (Northern and Eastern Europe Mostly) with Some Canadians thrown in. Very few of the players are actually from the US.

Is there really such a big rivalry between the Americans and the Canadians?

I always hear about it, but don't know whether its another English/scottish kinda thing?

I would have said Welsh but the English know we don't like them! ;)

Pokes an englishman with a stick...

Neh not really, I don't think there is much of a real rivalry between Americans and Canadians. We get along pretty well and generally just poke fun at each other.

It was just the Bruins and Montreal have a hockey rivalry for a lot of reasons and Hockey Teams are always great for acting on rivalries like that XD

@Pic: Was nothing special, just a coffee motivational poster.

most of the players in the NHL are from Europe (Northern and Eastern Europe Mostly) with Some Canadians thrown in. Very few of the players are actually from the US.

Really? European? Well, I never realised that..... We are starting our reclaimation little bit by little bit! ;)

Neh not really, I don't think there is much of a real rivalry between Americans and Canadians. We get along pretty well and generally just poke fun at each other.

It was just the Bruins and Montreal have a hockey rivalry for a lot of reasons and Hockey Teams are always great for acting on rivalries like that XD

Tell me about it. The team I support is Wrexham, and our local rivals are Chester (about 14 miles away). And they are English. Lets just say its a bit spicy on match days.....

Really? European? Well, I never realised that..... We are starting our reclaimation little bit by little bit! ;)

Tell me about it. The team I support is Wrexham, and our local rivals are Chester (about 14 miles away). And they are English. Lets just say its a bit spicy on match days.....

There really isn't a whole lot to tell... they've had dirty games vs each other in the past and Hockey player memories are long. That fight right at the start of the game was for something that happened when they played during the regular season which was a month or two ago. I don't know if there is any more origin to the rivalry.... I just know there is one XD So for me, it's just always sorta been that way and well... it makes the game more fun and intense!

Probably the two worst things you can do to a Hockey team is

1) Risk or god forbid actually injure their Goalie

2) Injure one of their players intentionally

So play rough! Just don't cross that line and actually seriously injure some one, especially with a dirty hit.

I love harassing our tech guys...

apparently the power strip with a six foot cord (the one I was hoping to claim) grew legs...

So I asked him how to catch it... what it's favorite food was :angel:

.... Fell... LOL! That is so mean XD

But that's why I like ya ^^

*pats your head and gives you the Devil Horns back* Yup these are yours =)

school rules state: no phones, mp3 players, or other electronic devices may be used in school between 8am and 2pm (with obvious exceptions)

A girl was listening to music in the lab... I asked for her head phones. She refused to give them up, so I sent her to see her vice principal...

It is asstonishing to me that these kids feel like there are no consequences to their actions. If you catch them today, and tomorrow, they get mad at YOU for catching them, not themselves for breaking the rules *shakes head*

Kids...tell me about them. And I'm inflicting one upon the world too!

I intend to bring it up to know whats right and wrong, so I am using the Guild handbook I got on enlisting...

And I think i may have snagged myself a bargain... I have just ordered the Snow storm (and paid for it) for £9.90

Now Wyrd have it listed at $35 I think, which translates as about £21. Hmmmm....bit of a difference!

Lets hope if it is a mistake, they honour the price I paid!....