Off Topic Playground

Thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

(headdesk) Dammit Elle, I have two novels, assorted essays, and five short stories going already. Why in the world do you want to start writing a Victorian era fantasy Indiana Jones? :slap:

Nope, PP's stuff is loads better than that material. (twitch) My copy of Dreadball ruined any interest I had in Mantic...

I've had bad models from everyone I've bought. GW, Wyrd, Mantic, Kraken, Ral Partha, Grenadier...I can even find cause to bitch about GCT's mostly excellent Bushido sculpts (bits that needed pinning that were the size of Coryphee feet or smaller).

I wouldn't be buying miniatures from anyone if I didn't accept that they didn't always get it right.

Other than Dreadball (which Mantic admitted they had problems with), you're the only person that thinks that way that I know of. Most people either are OK with both Mantic and Privateer's resin plastic mix or hate both equally.

Dreadball had major issues. Restic has gotten a lot better since then.

I'm happy with mine for the most part. I can live with the initial Dreadball snafu because Mantic has taken great pains to improve, and they have.

I know those feels, Steam! Know those feels! Just got home from work. Aaaah, thanks the powers that be that THAT's over. hahaha.

And @Dustcrusher: I think maybe because at least 90% of my model collection (which is not big at all) is metal and I'm not used to working with a softer type of material so I handle it like metal?

Overall though at the moment, I don't think I have enough experience with miniatures in general to really have any kind of valid opinion hehe.

Ooooh lunch and Castle sounds awesome, Master Shine! Whats on the menu for lunch?

And @Dustcrusher: I think maybe because at least 90% of my model collection (which is not big at all) is metal and I'm not used to working with a softer type of material so I handle it like metal?

No worries. I just find it interesting that Ed thinks Mantic restic is terrible but Privateer's version is much better when anecdotal evidence (other people that have worked with both) suggests they are almost identical.

It's different, and tougher to work with than metal or sprue plastic for sure. You need jewelry files to file it cleanly, and scraping the mold lines with a knife doesn't always work. The trade off is 6 Ogres for the price of less than 2 in metal, plus it's very durable and easier to fix if something breaks (I won't miss tiny fiddly bits on Wyrd metals, that's for sure).