Off Topic Playground

Yea my main guys are Marcus and his box crew. Not that I've actually had any proper games of it yet *sigh* . No one I know knows how to play it properly - and the only guys in my area that I do know play it semi-regularly are never around the Wargaming club when I'm free.

So I continue to build up my Arcanist so when I can play some proper games of it with people - I already have them painted up to try out.

Ah, Marcus. Never did get into his stuff, although that might change with his new box.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Hey Steam. (waves) I'm painting! It's the end of the world! o.o

Seriously, how much I've gotten done this week, it's gotta fall under some kind of apocalyptic sign.

How's you?

Resin body, head and the claw hand are metal. Need to get that painted too...plus, I'm going to be working on painting up a Silent One at some point.

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Eh, you beat me out the rest of the year on painting, Steam, so you're good, lol.

Why do they sometimes cast the model in 2 materials? Is there a benefit to doing that?

Resin is more fussy, but holds finer detail. It also tends to be cheaper for large pieces than metal, but resin is more expensive than metal to make the molds, if I remember right. Doing metal for bits that are smaller but can't stay on (the head and claw) keeps the cost down.

Why do they sometimes cast the model in 2 materials? Is there a benefit to doing that?

They did it with some of the larger models, most of the body was cast in resin, which is much cheaper by weight than metal, and then the rest was in metal. I don't know what advatages they had with metal over resin on the smaller parts, possibly just more experience (or finer detail, or easier to reuse mis-casts).

Oh good lord, haven't ever seen one, but photos of him just feel heavy, lol

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Onm most threads I'm pretty fast, btu here I'm not only Ninja'd but they've changed the topic by the time I reply

heh, that's the OTT for ya!