Off Topic Playground

Shawarma is amazing. I would always get one at a place in the food court next to the Marriott when I went to Dragoncon.

Your Five Guys must be doing it wrong, because every one I've been to has been good at worst. We have local joints that are better, though. Smashburger is a great small chain but it's on the other end of the spectrum from normal burger joints- it's sort of a gourmet burger at a just-above-fast-food price.

Barbecue. If you are in the American Southeast, you must get some. My treat if you're ever in Nashville. Texas has good barbecue too, but it's beef instead of pork.

Luss, that looks kinda like what I had when I went here for the first time: http://www.australianbakerycafe.com/ I loved that place- the guy that runs it is really nice and the treats (sweet and savory) were delicious.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Also, I have to concede one thing- "Macca's" is a cooler abbreviation than "Mickey D's" or the Twitter favorite "McD's".

Macca's is Mcdonalds? All is clear now! There's a place in KC I'll have to get the name for you. If you're ever in the area you have to try their ribs. It's a little restaurant in a gas station, you'd never even notice it if it weren't for the line out the door for their absolutely amazing food. Believe me, it's worth the wait!

Yeah. Got a 1500 word essay, and a thematic analysis to do up. The week after is a 6-8 page paper.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Oh, check this out...I think I might do a modified version of this when we get around to the Iron Kingdoms campaign.

“You’re in the middle of the street. There’s a carriage overturned nearby and two dead horses. Someone is bleeding to death nearby. It is very important that this person does not die. There are people around you, shooting arrows at you. It is obvious they want you to be dead, yourself. Only the ruined carriage is protecting you. It is on fire.

Who is trying to kill you?

Who is the dying person?

Who paid you to keep them alive?

Where are you?

and, as always, what are you going to do?”

Basically, everyone works together to generate the start of the campaign.