Off Topic Playground

I think we only really have one 'type' of pizza here. There's variations on sort of crust width a little bit - but not much. I always here in movies people say 'location-style' and think I WANNA TRY IT.

I also want to eat at a Wendy's. Australia's Wendy's is an ice-cream franchise. No burgers :(

I've never even heard of Five Guys O.o

I actually have 'tour American fast food franchises' on my life bucket list. I want Wendy's, In-and-Out Burger, White King and what ever else I'm forgetting. And see what this whole Chicago-style pizza is about!

We have McDonalds, Hungry Jacks (Burger King to everyone else), KFC and Pizza Hut and Dominos...that's about our fast food empire.

What is the difference between all these styles? Is it in the crust?

We have a Thin, Normal and Thick crust pizza option but the difference between them is kind of like...a salada biscuit -> slight of bread -> a salada on a slice of bread. Haha.

Whaaaaaaaat. Rosemary fries!??? Why do I get none of this awesomeness D: ?

Add Sonic, Culver's, Krystal, Five Guys, and yes, Bow is right about Smashburger. If you're in Atlanta, make sure you get to The Varsity. Imagine a fast food burger joint that used no microwaves or frozen anything, and that's close.

Definitely hit up In-N-Out. I always go to when I am on the west coast. If you like salad dressing of the creamy variety, get your burger or fries "animal style."

Probably want to add Chipotle or Moe's to the list, too. They are burrito joints in a niche between fast food and a sit-down place. It's only slightly slower than fast food but the food is much better. Taco Bell is an experience, but it's a disappointment after either of the above.

You could easily do just a pizza tour- http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/09/eaters-38-essential-american-pizzas.html?ref=title

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Oh, and don't ask for beetroot on your burger- they'll wonder what you mean. Except Smashburger- they might have it.

Man, the Five Guys in Toronto sucks or you guys are crazy. I like The Works burgers in Toronto or BQM, BQM started out as a butcher but their burgers became the main selling point so they moved over to that. You can tell them what cut of meat you want ground for your burger. Its nice.

To make Rosemary fries sprinkle olive oil and rosemary on cut potatoes :P

There are so many~~ And they all sound delicious!

I am a absolute shameless fan of fast food and all of this sounds delicious. I want me that pizza tooour!

And no beetroot on Burgers? Even McDonalds has a beetroot burger. (Or at least seasonally when they bring the McAussie back once a year)

Oh and I remember seeing a place called Chick-Fil-a or soemthing on a fast food tour TV show. That place looks BOSSSSS.

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Just googled Chicago and New York pizzas. I must have these!!

Although, I wonder if the Chicago one can technically be classified as a pizza anymore when it looks more like a pie!

Edited by Lussuria

To be fair its a pizza pie

Well, now it makes sense why in the movies they say 'want a slice of pie?' and they're holding a pizza. Hahaha I've always wondered about that!

Wow you guys get even less burger places then we do now...... a ten min drive from my house is a Macca's, Burger King, Wendy's, Carls Jr and Burger Fuel.

There is also the Dominos, Pizza Hut and Hell Pizza..... *grin*

Yea we do :( A friend of mine flew over for the Magic the Gather GP in NZ last year and kept sending me photos of themselves eating fast food. I wore a hole through the floor with all my stomping.

And NY-Style looks sooooo gooood. Big flat minimally topped surfaces. Looks so delicious.