Off Topic Playground

Well, I have a canadian can, so if that fails on me we'll know what the deal is!

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Huh, you know what's weird? I can't stand them as a company, but I have friends that work for them, and despite my misgivings and dislikes over golden demon UK, I still want to get a trophy in it. Lol

Yeah...That's okay. I'm happy with my black primer. And once I get a compressor, won't even be bothering with that.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Not being friends with people because they work for a game company I would find silly...

Ah, the day I can afford an airbrush and compressor. No more primer spray cans!

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Lol, yeah. They're good folk, just cos they work for a company I try not to buy from, no reason to have issues!

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

The trophy thing is weird though, given I don't usually like competition painting!

Try to get it while at Gencon if you're waiting until you're back in Britain. The prices for everything was a lot cheaper. Even the compressor was about $60 cheaper and free shipping.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Until the Crystal Brush gains some more momentum, the Golden Demon and Slayer Sword awards are the most well known...so it kinda makes some sense.

Yeah, if I buy one it'll be timed so I get a good deal. Want a decent one so there's none of the frustration of trying to make it do something it can't handle, which means catching the bonus deals to make it affordable!

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

I kind of like the fact that its not a cash prize too, just a trophy and pride

Yeah, I need one that will do something of both, I think. Might have to get two heads or something, will have to look into it sometime when I know where I'm living and what funds I have

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Well, I just ate a pint of ice cream. Oops.

Sadly, no. And even more sadly remembered an assignment late. :P I'll do that tomorrow, it won't be any worse at this point. I'm finishing up my reading for Philosophy 201, then I'll take the quiz and be done with that. Really enjoying the author of this stuff...three chapters to read. First is a definition of philosophy, second is what's the point of philosophy and third is Christianity and philosophy.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Was it at least good ice cream?

...crap. That business card with the link is at home. Anyway, I would check youtube, there'll be some handy resources there. For someone on the forum I know you can bug, send Webmonkey a PM, he's been doing a lot with them lately. From a product perspective, I would highly recommend Badger- they're one of the top companies in the industry, and it's a matter of personal preference as to where they fit in on the list. Also do some searches in the Miniatures Matters forums, I know there's been some discussions on the topic over the years.

So, there is Ben and Jerry's up there after all! What kind did you get?

Aargh, mental gear change! Hang on, what was back there in the mists of the thread? *grin*

Also, what's soddering?

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Oh, right, I'm back online mentally now. I only use brush on matt or gloss varnish and a desiccant chamber, no danger of fogging that way.

Soldering in UK speak?

Using a hot piece of metal to melt lower melt-point metals and then spread them across points of a circuit

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I've been asked "you mean soddering" every time I've said soldering today. Its getting mind numbing.

Or the lead fumes maybe.