Off Topic Playground

Kings of Artifice was pretty fun actually. I'd be picking it up, but I don't think I'd get enough use out of it, sadly.

I got to try Dropzone Commander and Robotech, actually. Both were amazingly fun. Dropzone I preordered the new 2 player starter, and what a deal that is. They were able to trim their costs by switching to plastic starters instead of resin to make the starter set $95, and it comes with terrain. Rough estimate of the old prices for that kit total to about 350-400.

Yeah, I do know that my purchases for the next few months are going to be an interesting lot. On the plus side, got to talk to some people at the Badger Airbrush booth and find out what kind of compressor I should be looking into. It's about half the price I expected, which is awesome.

The compressor is the big one. I need to get a bunch of stuff for basing Lady J, Rasputina and Tara, since I'm theming all my Malifaux from here on. After that, a few more things for DzC, to bring each force to about 1000 points. But that one is pretty low on the list. And I still want to get a bow, I miss archery at this point... But that one is also super dependent on the issue of will I have time now that I'm back in school. For the most part, I don't have a lot of big purchases, just a bunch of small ones.

Yeah, I've always liked the Death Korps Siege Regiment list. Although, if I ever do a Krieg army (which is about the only way I'm doing 40k at this point, using the Raging Heroes Iron Empire stuff), I'll be using the Assault list instead. Siege is too defensive for my liking.

Hullo guys! Welcome back!

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Also Ed can your bow shoot 300 yards accurately?

I've got over 200 yards with my longbow.( Although that wasn't intended, involved hunting in the trees for the arrow...) Accurate is more my ability that that of the bow... but I can get about 8 shots a minute.

I've seen compound bows shoot over 100 yards with virtually no arc to the shot