Off Topic Playground

I'm not sure who all I ran into! I don't think I ever knew anyone's forum name... I was in the governer's mansion tourney and then the avatar of malifaux tourney and got to talk to a few people there... other than that, I mostly spent time running all over the convention center.

And spending money. At the Wyrd booth. My debit card locked up for some reason after I bought $400 worth of stuff. :P

I was the guy who ran the tournaments. Does that ring a bell? *grin*

You were the ONLY person whose forum name I had already figured out. So... HA!

And only because you posted when I asked for the results of the avatar tournament, and I clicked on your name to see your profile, saw a picture, and your ponytail is unmistakable! ;)

Edited by Victoria

Yup, tucked at the back of the case. I also have one somewhere of the nothing beast next to the ice golem - the ice golem is broader, but NB is a bit taller and has reaaaally long arms!

That said, I'd bet you got about four seconds to look at those cases as you ran past sorting things out, Deus :-P

It was definitely neat meeting some of you all at the con, always nice to have a face to go with the name (or forum identity). I am wondering though why I have read so many "they ran out of what I wanted to buy" posts, there was only one thing I saw that they ran out of and that was the M2E Rule book, everything else was available even up to closing on the last day.

I... bought most things. I have no restraint.

*grumbles something about stupid amazing vik sculpts he didn't like til he saw them in the cabinet*

I remember meeting you omen! Though I failed to realise it for most of the conversation, embarrassingly. I was enjoying the chat too much to stop and ask...

Haha I so wish I could have gone. Next year!

So after frantically cleaning to get ready for my cousin and her two boys to stay here, I got back to my phone and saw I had a missed call from my grandma. She's at the hospice center with my grandpa, I was afraid something had already happened and we were all so busy we hadn't heard our phones ring. So I called back dreading an answer. Her reason? There was a painting (print of one actually but whatever) in the same trypic format as one I'd done there and she wanted to know if I'd seen it. *headdesk*

Heh, slight stress moment there bow? Still, it wasn't anything bad at least!

I think ed and me both said that the next trip we could do would be 2015, so if you come with us there's a bit of time to prep for it, lol. I might even see if I can do a costume, if I'm feeling extra enthusiastic...

Actually, I'm going to be going as either Jakob Lynch or English Ivan in 2015. Depends on what I can manage to grab.

It was good meeting you Omen, lots of fun to get to chat with people who are forum regulars.

I'm glad I got to see Lilith, seeing the unpainted model versus the drawing completely changed my mind on buying the set. Lilith will be my first set of Neverborn ever, oddly enough.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

And Schlock was hilarious...

Aww, but I was going to let you go as the one with no bra ed! :-P

Yeah, lilith was impressive too. Though with Lynch defecting to 10T, I've only got beckoners and such that are neverborn now. I'm going to try and paint everything I have before I start more factions...

And for the people who aren't on Facebook...Nox (eatenbypotchky) and his cousins as Seamus and Rotten Belles. And then me in the middle ruining the shot of the girls' awesome outfits.

1172327_10152157873900031_1530958692_o.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Yeah, the unpainted minis sold me on the Viks and on Lilith, so I'm going to end up with all five of those Masters. Which is good, means I'll have one of every faction to demo with.