Off Topic Playground

Right, so as long as I have a downloaded copy of the rules from the main website (both main and paradiso) I can build and play with a tohaa force, and then buy the fluff later? If I decided to invest in the paradiso rulebook I wouldn't need the original book as the rules are available to download?

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

confuses the hell outta me lol...

Sorry, I'd have to ask my friends about Infinity.

I got to break out the Privateer board game Scrappers last night. It's a fun, fairly quick little game. To my shame (and amusement) we got beaten by one of the other regulars' 9 year old sons...he says he's his "idiot savant child" *grin* It kinda made my day, because he was really annoyed when he got there, and he left with a bit of a strut in his step.

I think our regular Kings of War players are down to 3 now- girlfriend, myself, and one other. The fourth is a combination of hipster-level disdain for almost everything and arrogance with respect to his ability to play that is very difficult to deal with. It's hard to describe, but basically he's enthusiastic about things he deems worthy and a huge killjoy (and I should know) about anything else. Worst thing is, what he thinks is worthy is changing constantly.

Meanwhile, in better news, one of our staunchest GW players is getting back into Malifaux with 2.0 and he seems to be having more fun with that than he has in a while :)

Sweet! Never got to play that boardgame, but it did look like fun when I saw it.

Sorry about the shrinking KoW community, I know what that's like and it's never fun. :/

And always awesome to hear more M2E players! \o/

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

What else is new in your part of the world, Dust?

Technically you dont need anything to play Infinity outside of an internet connection. The rules for all the models are in the builder here: http://www.infinitythegame.com/army/army4.php and that in turn connects to the wiki with all the rules for the special abilities on the models.

Paradiso also has the campaign rules, which are fun, and as always tons of fluff and purty pictures.

Scrappers is cute and family-friendly for the most part (if two players are on opposite sides of the same part, they "tussle" for it, but I figure that's each one trying to pry it out of the other's hands instead of getting really violent). It was certainly worth the 6.99 I paid for it *grin*

Hoping to turn Kings of War around soon with a demo day. I need to see if Mantic will send me a stack of mini-rulebooks to give out. I actually scored one of these for $35 a while back- an 8 player tournament at $5 a pop would allow me to give it away as the grand prize: http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Kings-of-War/Undead/Getting-Started/Product/Undead-Army-Set-110-Figures.html

I think once the game hits officially there will be more interest. Our LGS owner got a free Witchling as part of a promo Wyrd's doing for M2E, and our local painting wizard made him look nice. I told him that I need to get the Ortegas painted up and leave them at the store, and that the Witchling will work with them just fine.

My gaming stuff along with my PC are in a second bedroom. It's a wreck. I've got stuff from old hobbies I need to sell and new shelves and such to put in to store what I'm keeping. I probably need to take a month or two off from actual gaming to take care of it all (and buy shelving and storage supplies).

Eh, its raining and there's a lot of thunder and lightning. Tornado, I don't think so just yet. lol

I'm tired after such crappy sleep and having a 4.30am wasp chasing session, so I'm going to do a little light painting and probably play borderlands to unwind...