Off Topic Playground

Yeah I had trouble with the tax people recently. I had to prove I was unemployed and while I had all the evidence they either said I didn't need something (which later they said I did), wouldn't accept something or just plain ignore what was given to them. And the staff who are supposed to deal with customers were completely clueless. They drown you in such aggressive letters, but never bother to actually listen to you, or eachother apparently.

I sometimes wonder if the right hand knows what the left hand is doing over there.

I'm not convinced either hand knows the other is even there!

Seriously, four weeks and eight phone calls, and finally they tell me...

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

And in the ultimate cruelty, Shine showed me a link that says the local store will be getting archangel in stock tomorrow :'(

pretty sure it doesn't. i'm reasonably certain our right hand doesn't know what it's doing itself, let alone what the left is up to here. but that's getting into politics and other cursed realms of social "sciences"

argh... the problem with high resolution photos? they're too big to email!

I need a new audio book... they tame my ADD.

Edited by bowchikawowers

(falls out of chair laughing) Ah, I think I need to listen to those tonight...along with the others I've got. Deathwish Dupree and Revenge of the Weasel Queen may not be as high quality, but they're still fun.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

New favorite Atomic Robo quote- "My tombstone will say 'Put guns on the prototypes!'"

Finally got my hands on 'The Flying She-Devils of the Pacific'...haven't gotten into it yet, but considering that was the second line of the comic, I'm sold, lol

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

And I started doing research on air compressors...my airbrush showed up (yay!) now it's time to look into the next step of the process... unfortunately, I don't have a clue where to start! Too much data. >.<

why do my posts keep disappearing when I hit send...?

Anyway, Ed, could you send me the other radio dramas? they're better than nothing to listen to and music is distracting more than helpful lately. i have the attention span of a gnat of late. soooo distractable. i dunno what's going on with me. I'm super psyched to work on something, then I can't focus on it.

Eh, not like I'm going to be able to buy it this week. Need to get a pair of tires. (rolls eyes) Got my college refund just in time to watch it disappear. On the other hand, I suppose I should be glad that the refund showed up in time to get the tires replaced before something burst... but still, it's getting old.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

why do my posts keep disappearing when I hit send...?

Anyway, Ed, could you send me the other radio dramas? they're better than nothing to listen to and music is distracting more than helpful lately. i have the attention span of a gnat of late. soooo distractable. i dunno what's going on with me. I'm super psyched to work on something, then I can't focus on it.

Sure thing. They're just the audio pulled from the youtube segments, honestly, so you can find them there if you're just sitting at the computer.