Off Topic Playground

She was apparently supposed to be killed off in At All Costs...I'm okay that she wasn't. But I would like to see her center stage more often again. Still, that kind of issue is why I don't want my characters to grow in particular directions... Arias as a commodore is a possibility. An admiral? Too high in rank for me to work with.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. I like the objectives bit of the game, makes things really interesting. The other thing that's neat is the fact that the Rebel player is racing the clock, while the Imperial player is trying to make the game as short as possible.

Hey y'all! I'm good. Chilling in ATL, where no one plays Malifaux... Except at the CMON expo. You guys heard anything about a Malifaux tourney in these parts? I'm super curious as to who's running it... Cause it isn't me. :)

A quick jaunt to the Find a Player post that some raving lunatic charming rake maintains says there are 8 other players in the Atlanta area. Are they all smelly or something? (I kid, ATL folks, I kid).

Well, we were going to have a Malifaux tourney at Nashcon this year (Memorial Day weekend) but our Henchman is tied up with real life so he won't be running it. Henchvolken from Hunstville may or may not be coming up to do it. I could run a demo table if need be, but I'd rather have someone who's been playing lately run it instead (besides, I've got at least one other game I want to demo already, if not two).

You and yer other half should come up and play stuff with us. I'd come play this weekend if I had time as I will be in Atlanta- I'm hoping we can stop by one of the stores before we have to head home on Sunday.

On another note, thanks to you guys now I have to figure out if I want to buy in to the Arena Rex KS :-P That's 7 now that I'm potentially backing.

Too many cool games, not nearly enough money or time to play them all. I suppose there's always the spread gun option of backing them all at the lowest levels...

I'm likely going to get Zombicide at retail since it will cost just about the same (since I won't have international shipping). It looks good, but I can wait, same is going for Warzone atm, it just isn't making me want to see the next stretch goal.

As for Arena Rex... Oh dear, this could get messy =P I'm in for Ludus Maximus and while I'm going to try and limit myself to those 10 models, the Field of Titan add-ons (Septimus and Nero on their way to being unlocked) are tempting me to go over, which is seriously threatening my WWX pledge (just as their comments section turns nasty). AR just looks so good, and I'm really starting to fall for these high quality resin miniature games (like Darklands), not only are the miniatures awesome, but they're still hand sculpted. But while I don't know much about Darkland's rules, Arenea Rex already looks like tons of fun.