Off Topic Playground

Oh, that's why it all seemed so odd. I forgot to check the serial number on the planet. Silly mistake, really!

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Yay for cheap long distance public transport. Ugh

Well I had fun with D&D today.

Our normal GM was busy so we decided to throw our characters into a little side quest/alternative world.

Our orc barbarian charged a wooden goblin fort, smashed through the walls to find a small regiment of goblin spearmen in front of an orc. The orc barbarian critically failed his axe swing at the goblins, breaking it, but then managed to catch the axe head, throw it at the orc and slice the top half of his head off. Immediately afterwards two goblins speared him in the heart, killing him instantly. Meanwhile my 2ft tall gnome druid was taking his time running (to the sound of You're the Best Around) after the orc only to see him die. My reaction was to throw a jar of lighting fuel at my comrade's corpse, then summon a monkey who I telepathically commanded to run up to the dead orc, take his flint and tinder and light a fire. The orc also had a jar of fuel and so when the fire was lit he blew up, killing the goblins (and the poor monkey). We then gathered the orc's charred bones so that he could be raised as a skeleton companion by our necromancer.

That wasn't the only highlight, but certainly the most action packed. We later spent 2-3 hours debating over a giant mushroom tree. Two half-elves (one a ranger the other a rogue) made two seperate and one combined attempt to grapple me so they could then tie rope around me and throw me up. They succeeded in grabbing me, but then proceeded to throw me into the side of tree and knock me unconcious. We then got into an argument over the giant mushroom forest as we tried to convince its gnome owner to not destroy it only to have him remind us we refused his job and later trespassed on his land. He called for the guards so our absolutely hopeless rogue made a failed attempt to frame him for theft (by pickpocketing our money into his pockets, which he then kept), before making two failed attempts to punch him, followed by himattempting to make a quick exit only to trip and fly over the guards who then battered him unconcious.

So after sacrificing our orc comrade (and a monkey), fighting over a giant mushroom and causing a pub brawl, we decided that maybe we should leave that place and never return. I mean honestly, we were like the Red Dwarf team, everything we touched turned to critical smeg-up. But it was all fun =]

Yeah, that's going to be the trick, figuring out what we want to do about getting back.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Sounds like a great session, Panda! Reminds me of some of the crazier ones from this batch of Star Wars...

Mako did you want me to grab you your gencon badge?

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Ok planning:

$120 - Hotel

$70 - Badgers

$0 - Badge brought by trained badgers from mauled con-goer

$28 - Greyhound to Buffalo

$? - Gas

~$50 - Food

$Texas - Merch

Yeah, badgers aren't cheap to feed! And if you keep them hungry you're in for a world of hurt...

Aye Shine, if you could. Since they won't give me a credit card it seems. Six months ago they would, but now they won't as I haven't been in the country long enough. Go figure.

The new job seems cool enough so far. Doesn't pay as well as my last one, but I'm far less stressed. And that's worth the pay reduction.

I'm loaded up on the allergy meds,.. but still, there's a snot brick inside my face. (sorry for the visual, but I'm miserable at the moment)

Gotta get back into painting and more-so back into finishing my sculpting.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

But with the new job, I'm not sure about being able to get time off for GenCon now,.. which sucks because I really wanted to be able to put faces to the names (and flaunt my "Mako's Rubbish" t-shirt) *grin*

Aw, that's too bad, Web...

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I just found the best thing ever for writing, whether novel or GMing... it's a book with one thousand NPCs and the process they used to make them all!