Off Topic Playground

I could be down for that

Well, here's hoping it could happen then. We get the rules and the chance to do it, I'll track down a place to play and design out something for it. Have to say, listening to the Gamer's Lounge interview with Mack Martin, I'm super excited about this now... might have to start planning some storyline stuff for you guys to mess with.

And Mako, I'm not sure about the dress...is this something you own, or something you want to get for the campaign? lol.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Isabella gentle...(snorts)

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

And Shine, how often do you do tournaments?

Um, I might have to borrow a dress for it lol. And i don't know anyone locally who is even close to my size, so it would be a tight fit. Maybe I should stick to pants and a shirt...

Hey, compared to life and finance, Isabella's a cuddly sweet angel! I'm sure she has a soft side, it's just keeping all your limbs attached and working while you look for it that's the tricky bit *grin*

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Gaming in the store in town near me and shine is basically nonexistent in terms of malifaux, though December should be our trial run of minionfaux

Yeah, but I still think it must be in there somewhere! Wouldn't rate my chances of surviving long enough to find her nice side though...

Yeh, minionfaux starts at 10 stones with no rares allowed, then builds up each time allowing a few more rares and adding a few stones. We (me and the shiny one) designed it to make it easy to learn what minions could do, and what worked well without the complications of masters in there. It was a combo achievement/escalation thing meant for league nights so everyone could play a bunch of quick small games and have a laugh. Gives new players really simple games, and older players get to try out combos and new minions.

I thought it would be fun but it didn't get any interest.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Even wrote out the rules and lists of minions permitted each week lol.

Aw, that's no fun. Too bad that it didn't get a lot of interest. Sounds like an interesting idea.

And there's a difference between a soft side and a nice side...she has her times when she's very romantic, but it's one of those moments of a preying mantis eyeing up her mate for a meal after she's done with what she wants from him...

Lol, I've been on dates like that before! Some of the most interesting evenings I've had *grin*

Not that I'm in any way attached to a psychopath you've created. Lol

Aye, the toronto community is mostly split into little groups, there's no actual scene here. Ad the few that are about only wanted normal events. So something that really needed four players even though two were already involved!

Oh god, never. 40k tournies turned me off the whole thing and nearly off wargaming, lol

Best I'll do is pickup games and I usually let my opponent decide which army/gang i should use and how rough I should make my list.

And minionfaux! Although that's more of an extended messing about session than a proper league lol.

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

How's life down in the other hemisphere then?