Off Topic Playground

Pretty good! Been on a bit of an Infinity kick since I got my campaign book and having an easier time organizing people together for that then some of the Malifaux ideas me and Mako are kicking around, lol

But all is well! It feels Christmas-y. So gonna spend a butt-ton of money then drop even more on the Mali-RPG kickstarter. Gonna be a pricey week to come! Luckily Christmas is dealt with

Pretty good! Been on a bit of an Infinity kick since I got my campaign book and having an easier time organizing people together for that then some of the Malifaux ideas me and Mako are kicking around, lol

But all is well! It feels Christmas-y. So gonna spend a butt-ton of money then drop even more on the Mali-RPG kickstarter. Gonna be a pricey week to come! Luckily Christmas is dealt with

*pulls out shotgun*

No talking about Christmas til December >.<

My group is really looking forward to it, and I guess any chance to be cackling evil Guild is a good one. We're actually going to play a game this Tuesday, using some very rough rules hewed from the skirmish rules.

Is your group playing Guild friendly, or a different allegiance?

Basic concept of mr white was originally a 4e Warlock using a "bleeder" build. So every time you successfully overcame his ongoing damage you took a massive damage spike. And sometimes more ongoing damage.

Character wise he was basically just a totally legitimate business man and in NO WAY a shady backstreets mob boss who would sell your grandma for a fine cigar. Fine grandma cost level cigar... mmmm.... evil...

I mean, uh... good. We are a good party and I will only use my horrifying evil powers for... good? Whatever just show me what needs to bleed out....

post-6628-13911926049583_thumb.jpg

...that does sound interesting, actually. And definitely does sound like something you could do in Malifaux. I have to say, that's one thing that I think I'll be looking forward to with this system. Malifaux is so much a Grey and Grey Morality world, that it'll be very interesting to see playgroups playing more with the idea of 'can we get away with this' than 'does this break my alignment'. I think it's got the potential to be better for roleplaying purposes.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Oh, as the GM, I will be playing Guild. I.E. all of their encounters are going to put them at odds with Law and Order.

Sweet. Have fun playing Lucius, lol. What are they playing?

I think it depends on how you spin him, but that's just me.

Heh, that sounds like a Malifaux style joke. 'An arcanist, resser and a neverborn walk into a bar...'

I'm pretty happy with the system for Nephilim growth I came up with. The Nephilim can exsanguinate foes to gain blood counters and grow like normal, but instead of being permanent, the blood acts as a fuel. Once it's gone, they revert back. This gives the player access to the growth ability, but doesn't give them a permanent leg up on the rest of the players.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Thats actually a pretty sweet idea Jonas. Doesnt limit players to a faction as they can work together for the greater g-.... not being arrested.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9321[/ATTACH]

And really, isn't that what Malifaux is all about? Not getting arrested.

Hm. I think that's a great way to balance it out. How'd you work out the mechanics? Is it like the old barbarian rage ability, where it's x number of turns based on constitution (or equivalent), or is it based on how many counters they're choosing to spend and how far up they're going?

Hm. I think that's a great way to balance it out. How'd you work out the mechanics? Is it like the old barbarian rage ability, where it's x number of turns based on constitution (or equivalent), or is it based on how many counters they're choosing to spend and how far up they're going?

They don't spend the counters when they cast the spell, they expend one per turn while in Mature form. Blood counters themselves will last for 24 hours if unspent.

So, if they keep getting counters, they can keep it going. (nods) Simple, elegant, and functional. I like that a lot. It definitely gives them a chance to really 'hulk out' but also keeps them under control.

They are definitely going to need that form, given what I am going to throw at them.

I wont give away too much from the game, since my victims all read this forum, but they will be pulling a job for Lazerus that involves breaking into a Guild warehouse.