Off Topic Playground

Wow, looks like you were right in the blast wave of maelstrom exploding! Azumi is a lovely model though. I think mine is still in England, I only brought a few out just in case my shipping went AWOL. Although rather stupidly I did include the one that sold out really fast, the original archer dryad girl, Ar Fienel. If that had sunk, I'd have been somewhat stuffed!

And kickstarters are the latest and greatest source of evil!

What now?

Maelstrom are going bust rather messily, lots of unfilled orders, annoyed customers, annoyed suppliers, that kind of thing. So to dump all their saleable assets, they sold it off at massive discounts.

Azumi and Ar Fienel are tiny pretty McVey models, and Ar Fienel sold out really quick so she's impossible to get now. Which made putting her in a shipping container a touch silly...

And I speak only truth, kickstarters are evil! Heh

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I suppose you can't build an economic empire without slaughtering a few bank accounts here and there...

~Thunders in to the thread dressed as Caesar riding a chariot followed by all the girls clad in various costumes~

Hallowed Samhain all!

Yes, I have been somewhat silent of late, but it doesn't mean I have not had my spies paying attention.

~Hands out painted minis to Reg, Ed and Chocobo~

Cheers guys!

~Notices the Miss Pack Monolith~

When did that arrive? Has Abs been up to no good?

Woo hoo! Today, with no sleep, I was in work at 6.30 and not only got some good reading done, but I've managed to scrounge up all the kit I need for my side experiments! Have finished a full days work so come home, and tomorrow I will don my stained lab coat and do SCIENCE!!!!

It needed to be shouted loudly, that last bit. Honestly, it really did.

Wow, looks like you were right in the blast wave of maelstrom exploding! Azumi is a lovely model though. I think mine is still in England, I only brought a few out just in case my shipping went AWOL. Although rather stupidly I did include the one that sold out really fast, the original archer dryad girl, Ar Fienel. If that had sunk, I'd have been somewhat stuffed!

And kickstarters are the latest and greatest source of evil!

Lies Disney is the source of all evil, that plains to take over the world

hrmm,.. not sure where around here to get some retarder,.. wonder if they sell it a Micheal's?

They have retarder and flow medium and glaze medium, but I don't know if they have that brand...I've not noticed it there.

A 10:1 mix of water to flow medium gives my normal paints increased work time without jacking them up too much. I should probably do something fancier.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9048[/ATTACH]

This is an early piece of the art

Hmm, if Death looked like that, there'd be a higher suicide rate.

Just found these...yet another temptation. Thinking a SoBH warband akin to my 15mm leonines, or a rival nation for my Alkemy Khalimans: http://cart.blackorc.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70. They also have the Simian Empire- monkey Romans!

(shut up, I am not a furry! :-P)

Rebel Minis is having a 20% off sale for the next few days (they have a lot of nice 15mm stuff and are the company behind Mighty Armies. They sell MA boxed sets of Splintered Light minis, too).

Then there's this- I think I am going to chip in $10 for a rulebook no matter what, because a Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre/Makai/Disgaea minis game screams "bestest game evar" to me.

Damn it, I was hoping to budget a few more bucks for some of the upcoming Malifaux stuff but otherwise not spend much for quite a while...perhaps if I clear out a bunch of my old things I might feel better about it...

Meanwhile, I'm still undecided on faction for the Malifaux tourney coming up, Peelander-Z is coming to town, and now I'm screwing around with the idea of a Fantasy Warriors/Kings of War hybrid- basically using the latter's combat mechanics with the former's order system, scouting, and missile ammo mechanics, among others.

Whoops, popped your head up into the firing line for that one a bit didn't you?

Oh, I'll have some data tomorrow, it's a pretty quick experiment. If the setup and calibration goes ok, I can probably start looking at the real surface in the afternoon.

Yeah, I really, really did. Oh well.

Quick? Well, that's good. Is it just the one experiment, or is this a case of one leads to another?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Well, Walt did fun the Nazi party in the 30s, but any SW without Lucas is a good thing, the only 2 good movies had little to do without him after the 2st draft of the script was done :P

Hey Path, good to see you. :) And yeah, Star Wars without Lucas has a lot of hope for it...

Hey path, how's things?

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Oh, it's one thing leads to another endlessly, that's why I love it! It always changes and never ends. If this works, I'll need to test exactly how well it worked and what exactly happened, then I can start using it, and that's a whole new ball game

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-31-2012 at 11:55 PM ----------

Ahh, finished graves' waistcoat. Just his trousers and his modified fence post to do now, then I have to sort out basing the whole crew!

*swings in on my web, and takes my spot up in the corner*

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

*BBBUUUURRRRRPPP!!!!,... *

Sorry,.. belly full on nacho goodiness and a Dr. Pepper. Yes folks,.. the dinner of champions.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

*watches Dexter while I wait to see if anyone shows tonight*