Off Topic Playground

Started assembling some plastics last night. Done the beckoners and started Miss Terious. The plastic is so much easier to work with but:

a) I hate my plastic glue, it forms strands really easily that I then have to clean up.

B) The models either need bigger feet or to come with styled parts that fit onto bases that they slot into. Even leaving a bit of the sprue attached doesn't seem the most secure bond. Dainty waifs standing on tiptoes.

I always have to work on my birthday..except for next year because....

My birthday is Good Friday!!!

Woohooo!!

*signals to Monkey to go left*

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Started assembling some plastics last night. Done the beckoners and started Miss Terious. The plastic is so much easier to work with but:

a) I hate my plastic glue, it forms strands really easily that I then have to clean up.

B) The models either need bigger feet or to come with styled parts that fit onto bases that they slot into. Even leaving a bit of the sprue attached doesn't seem the most secure bond. Dainty waifs standing on tiptoes.

Yes, I did wonder how my big fingers are going to cope with building these figures lol..

I aim to use plastic glue on the figures themselves then superglue them to resin bases.....I've heard pinning might even be needed?

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

For these I will probably use GW glues..they always seem to be good enough for the job..though Gorilla superglue is also top notch!