Off Topic Playground

*sticks head carefully round door*

Is it safe to come in yet? I could hear the shouting and crashing from miles away!

Afternoon all, how's life? I'm stuck still trying to write a presentation. It's taking forever, normally I just chuck them togehtthe and wing it but this one matters!

Kate you say? Sorry, was distracted by this...

http://www.americanpinupburlesquefest.com/top-15-contestants.html

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

[url=http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/314470_305073596176909_304522396232029_1527977_1737753955_n.jpg]314470_305073596176909_304522396232029_1527977_1737753955_n.jpg

heheheh

Glad a popped into the forum at a time when your post was on the sidebar. Well worth a thanks!

*howl* Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

*sticks head carefully round door*

Is it safe to come in yet? I could hear the shouting and crashing from miles away!

Afternoon all, how's life? I'm stuck still trying to write a presentation. It's taking forever, normally I just chuck them togehtthe and wing it but this one matters!

What's it about? Is this for your Sweden trip?

Monkey, I stole it from a friend on Facebook, but it was to good not to steal! lol!

Mako, what ever noises you heard, they did not emanate from within this thread... Even the Gothic Showgirls are sat down having a quiet read :)

Steam, I am truly sorry to be the bearer of such bad news... well not that sorry... well not sorry at all really :P

Yaeah, got to talk for half an hour about my work and why they should hire me instead of someone sane! I'm working on it at home, which means every few minutes I get distracted by all the painting stuff on the desk. Probably not the best plan!

Still, maybe tonight I'll actually get some more of kirai's disreputable lot painted as a reward for getting it finished.

Anyone doing anything more exciting?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Mako, what ever noises you heard, they did not emanate from within this thread... Even the Gothic Showgirls are sat down having a quiet read :)

question is, what are they reading? Cos that one appears to be holding her book upside down...

Yaeah, got to talk for half an hour about my work and why they should hire me instead of someone sane! I'm working on it at home, which means every few minutes I get distracted by all the painting stuff on the desk. Probably not the best plan!

Still, maybe tonight I'll actually get some more of kirai's disreputable lot painted as a reward for getting it finished.

Anyone doing anything more exciting?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

question is, what are they reading? Cos that one appears to be holding her book upside down...

Good going there, she can't read

I see no shame in just reading comic books, I read them. In fact most readers of comics are now aged between 20 and 40, lol.

I've been reading and collecting them for over 20 years now...

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Also I've had 2 stories published in comic book collections and have been a character in a couple more

Been reading comics since I learned to read, so that's 30+ years now myself, though my own entrants into the comic world were fan comics called The Mini Adventures of Amy & Jenny, plus Q'arluanti Chroniclces (Q'arluanta pronounce Kar-loo-ant-ee) which had a very strange chronological order as I told the stories in the order of the timeline, not the order in which events took place (if that makes sense). Then there was also Zombie Tales, a webcomic I ran until my hands gave out a couple of years ago.

Zombie Tales was kinda... umm... surreal...

ZT102.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Oh, and that rubber duck (named Mr. Duck-Duck) was later revealed to be Satan in disguise ;)

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

And a ink sketch I did as a break in the web comic :)

T008.jpg

lol..

I still get 2000ad every week, and the Megazine every month. I'm in my mid thirties, I'm not ashamed and will openly read them in public!

Storing that many comics though is getting to be a pain..I think our loft will give way one day!

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

nice art!

Really sucks that you can't do that as much as you used too..

Thanks Abs, yeah, I do miss drawing though, I was in the middle of the "Nom of the..." story arc for Zombie Tales and had a new Q'arluanti Chronicles story underway when they gave out on me. No one will see the Origins tale for QC now or know how Mon ended (well I could tell people, but that wouldn't be as funny as reading it), plus Hazel Hecate was going to fall in love, etc. So much planned for that strip.

And now for the only time I ever allowed a guest artist on to ZT! I would get people begging to let them draw a strip, so I did this one with my friend Morgy to shut them all up :P

ZT159.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Yeah, Morgy had a thing for Zombi Candyfloss... lol!

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Oh yes... Zombie Tales cosplay! Just to show you don't need a famous comic for people to portray your characters at Comicon!

Beatrix001.jpg

She also went to the San Diego con and to one in Japan dressed as Zombi, I'll have to see if i can find any of the pics. or was this the Japanese one and she did Zombi at Comicon? I forget, lol.

Edited by LonelyPath

Been reading comics since I learned to read, so that's 30+ years now myself, though my own entrants into the comic world were fan comics called The Mini Adventures of Amy & Jenny, plus Q'arluanti Chroniclces (Q'arluanta pronounce Kar-loo-ant-ee) which had a very strange chronological order as I told the stories in the order of the timeline, not the order in which events took place (if that makes sense). Then there was also Zombie Tales, a webcomic I ran until my hands gave out a couple of years ago.

Zombie Tales was kinda... umm... surreal...

ZT102.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Oh, and that rubber duck (named Mr. Duck-Duck) was later revealed to be Satan in disguise ;)

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

And a ink sketch I did as a break in the web comic :)

T008.jpg

That duck seems familiar