Off Topic Playground

Being Productive

So I've been thinking, if it's possible for a Henchmen to cost 2 points

Joseph Watts

Outcast Henchmen 30mmbase

30mm Soulstone cost 2

Henchmen 12, Construct, Mechanical Dove, Arcanist, MS&U, Special Forces (Rogue Constructs)

Wk/Cg 10/- Ht 1 Wp 6 Ca 4 Df 6 Wd 5

Talents

Flight

Rogue Leader - The model may hire any Guild constructs or Arcanist constructs without Frozen or Smoldering heart. This model can be hire by Ramos

Flock Leader - This model may hire any number of mechanical Doves, these Mechanical Dove's hired by this model lose the totem Characteristic

Harmless

Soulstone infused - Any Construct within 3" gains Use Soulstone. Any Construct with 6" casting a spell may draw LOS and Range from this model instead

Spells

(1) Soulstone Flames

(CC:10/Rst: Df/Rg:6)

1/2/2. Blasts from this spell use 40mm bases and generate a damage 0/1/1. these blast are made from 30mm bases

following this up with

Iron Liz

Outcast Totem 50mmbase

Construct, Guild, Peacekeeper, Knightmare, totem (Joseph Watts) cost 15

Wk/Cg 5/8 Ht 4 Wp 6 Ca 4 Df 4 Wd 12

Paired Mechical claws

Rg :melee 3

Cb 7 :rams

Dg 3/4/6

Talents

Arachnid

Armour 2

Flight

Terrifying -> 13

Nightmare Engine: When this model dies is generates three scrap counters and one corpse counter

Tyrant powered: if a friendly Joseph Watts dies, fully heal that model and place it in base to base contact with this model. When this model dies, you may replace a friendly peacekeeper with this model then heal this model by the number of Wd the peacekeeper had

Actions

(+1) Relentless

(2) Flurry

(2) Diving attack

(0) Lost Dreams: Summon a Woe of Lost Dreams

Weapons

two pairs this model has :+fate:+fate to Paired Mechical claws strikes

Triggers

Cb (:rams) [Paired Mechical claws] Critical strike

Spells

(1) Menace

(CC:10/Rst:Wp/Rg:6)

(1) Magical Extension

Knightmare was brilliant! Such a shame they messed about with the format so much, they ruined it then :(

Oh yes, Colette went off against Kirai on Friday, despite giving the spirits the run around for all 6 turns, the strategy of Line in the Sand really did me in meaning I lost 6VP to 8VP :( However, my Coryphee Duet really annoyed my opponent though, they just could not put a dent in it or keep it locked in melee, but it was always accompanied by 2 or 3 Doves to use as Soulstones, hahaha. Still, only took 3 turns to finish my Power Ritual and Frame For Murder schemes (poor Performer) and Angelica put up a nasty fight not to mention giving Colette some extra movement so she could get a potential 19" a turn. I'm really glad I got them their pimp, she's fun on the table.

Oh yes, the Duet was also the only thing to really attack the opposing crew and that was only when it was moving away from melee (move 1/2" a inch, attack, move out of combat dodging the disengaging strike if the enemy was still alive).

Best part of the game though... Hitting with a Duet in combat, with a 13 on the attack flip, then cheating (via soulstone) and flipping a 12! My attack when through easily with a straight damage flip (+1 for their ability) and the double flip was red joker and a 1 or 2. The extra flip thanks to the red joker was another 13! The model was slaughtered instantly, muahahahahaha!

Funniest part of the game... my Duet flipping a black joker for defense against a disengaging strike, my opponent then flipping the black joker for damage :P

It was really funny though, we had to stop playing for a few minutes coz we were laughing to much. It was a Shikome or whatever, they flip for damage on a disengaging strike, not that it matters when they flip a black joker for damage (on a :+fate:+fate:+fate too!).

Oh yes, I forgot that Colette did kill 2 models with Magicians Duel to get me some extra SS. Take that you nasty, annoying Seishin. That'll stop you evolving :P

Okay, watched the season finale of The Walking Dead (also saw it on Saturday with a early leak, but the quality was beyond poor) and woot! Cannot wait until October!

Okay, watched the season finale of The Walking Dead (also saw it on Saturday with a early leak, but the quality was beyond poor) and woot! Cannot wait until October!

woot! Still got the second half of season 2 to watch (recorded on Sky+ from FX)

Really enjoying this programme, but then I love Zombie stuff anyway!

If you read the comic at all then you are REALLY gonna love the final episodes. Not gonna spoil it, but I will drop a couple of hints if you want to hear them (but will send them via PM so it's not spoiled for other people). I am just glad that most of what I was told happened in the last 2 episodes did stay in there :)

If you read the comic at all then you are REALLY gonna love the final episodes. Not gonna spoil it, but I will drop a couple of hints if you want to hear them (but will send them via PM so it's not spoiled for other people). I am just glad that most of what I was told happened in the last 2 episodes did stay in there :)

I have read the first collection (i think issues 1-12) where they end at the prison?

I have the next collection to read, but have not yet found the time (I think issues 13-24)

So it probably wouldn't mean anything to me yet!

ABs, when the final episode airs on FX later this week, record that too, then sit down the next day and watch them all back to back ;)

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Yeah, issue 12 ends with them seeing the prison and season 2 roughly follows the arc of issues 7 - 12. There are some changes in the show (like deaths, characters appearing, characters being missing, etc) and other events occur to fill out the show, but it's largely intact. I think issue 19 has one of the most iconic moments though and it is truly awesome (and still one of the best covers for the comic). But yeah, one of the hints will mean nothing to you at the moment, get out there and buy that HUGE digest of the first 48 issues, it's only about £30 :P

Here you go:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-Volume/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332175077&sr=1-1

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

And the iconic cover of issue 19, only look if you REALLY want to see it!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/978/96487-18166-106801-1-the-walking-dead_super.jpg

Yeah, can't forget that either.

Just found out I have to get the April issue of Playboy as it contains a Walking Dead strip covering the origin story of one of the best characters :( Why couldn't Kirkman just put it in the back of TWD like he normally does with this stuff?

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Oh, and I think I have found my pirate Coryphee!

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/pirate/release/14106#detail/14106_DarkMaiden_ds

I hope you don't leave mechanical bird poop on the chairs again!

Got my Reaper Lily Dancing Girl today so that's all the girls I need to start my Pirate Colette crew, yay! It's just get those Dark Maidens to be my Coryphee, get more pirates to convert in to Mannequins and buy some parrots (good old Reaper again for selling these) and I'm good to go :)

However, I may have to order more pirate accessories from Black Scorpion, not sure if I have enough bits.

You know, I really should start converting these models, lol.

Funniest part of the game... my Duet flipping a black joker for defense against a disengaging strike, my opponent then flipping the black joker for damage :P

I assume you mean your opponent attacked later in that turn, right? Disengaging Strikes don't wound- they just stop movement before the model escapes its opponent's melee range. Page 48 of the RM. Malifaux's rules are much less harsh about disengaging than GW's "free hack" rules.

Oh hell...I am so glad I'm buried with painting to do, otherwise I'd get one just to paint. Freaking Reaper with their freaking cool models with no real use to me...

My arms hurt so much Saturday night that I couldn't sleep. Now they just feel like I've completely exhausted them. Fortunately tonight is lower body, otherwise I'd probably have to cancel.

Found out that Valspar seems to be a decent primer this weekend, too. On the other hand, I will likely never be happy with the cleaning of mold lines and green stuffing gaps that I've been trying to do.

Some models, like Shikome, do inflict damage as part of their disengaging strikes. I hate it when they have that ability, lol. Then again, Duets get :+fate on defense duels against them

As for that Dark Maiden model, you should see the BIG one!

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dark%20maiden/latest/30012

I'd never afford it, but I'd love to get my hands on one to paint all the same!

I am still hoping for proper Mannequin-like models to use as Pirate Mannequins, but at this rate I'll just be taking regular pirate girls and giving them peg legs, hook hands, eyc.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Right, time to head off and do something else now, see ya again everyone! :)

Edited by LonelyPath