Off Topic Playground

yeah, he looks fun but for some reason I never felt the need to pick him up.  I am not a fan of most of his models aesthetically though..which is a big thing for me.

I hear you, I could not stand the Illuminated until I started painting them and they were actually a lot of fun to paint. Have the same feeling about the Beckoners and the Depleted but will see if I ever pick them up as I'm running TT at the moment

Morning all, I'm well thanks (reply to yesterdays comments) 

I managed to play Ironsides for the first time last night. She seems really good fun, I won 10-2 but lost her. I get the impression if you're playing her you need to expect her to die which is fine if you bag 10vp I guess. My opponent wanted to see how tanky she was so whilst he poured all his AP into her I murdered his crew and bagged VP 

I think some more practice with Mouse and other stuff to drag things into her tarpit is the way forward. Still... Ironsides bagged herself a Perdita kill in one activation. For those that are interested this is how it went down.

Brass Kunckles for 2 Dmg & Adrenaline +1 (total +2), Brass Knuckles for 3 Damage (dropped Adrenaline +2), Uppercut for 5 Dmg! *mic dropped, walks off smug as fuck* :D

• Like 2

wow, that's a hard set of punches lol!

Love the drop mic reference..

Hell yeah, She managed to hit Perdita with an Uppercut at Ml 4! I just imagined a right hook, left hook followed by a retro mortal combat style uppercut through the ceiling. My friends even cried out "FINISH HIM!" so I set Fancisco on fire and smacked him around with 2 relic hammers so he'd die at the end of the turn :D

• Like 2

Oh it was! I really didn't get to see much of what Ironsides could do but my god did my Oxfordian Mages wreak havoc on his crew! Handing out Slow, Burning and pushes all over the place. They were great to just sit on the edge of the Turf War area and use their triggers alongside the Captain to push enemy models out of the area at the end of the turn. It was some pretty horrific denial for my opponent. He also forgot about Captains "Middle of the Storm" so the Mages were mitigating 2 out of any damage they suffered before they activated. he managed to land lots of 2 Dmg hits on them which was awesome because Bulletproof drops it to 1 and their Arcane Shield can reduce it to (0). If they even did suffer damage I had Mouse or Johana heal them whilst also dropping cards to fuel Toni's Adrenaline rampage. SOOOO MUCH FUN!!

Awesome, I know you'll have some fun with them. My friend Joe used to be exclusively Ressers and that I could handle. Now he's a Gremlin douche bag who deliberately filths it up every game and wonders why I continuously dodge playing him. I'm not going to play a game where I know i'm gonna get utterly wrecked before turn 4, just no fun in that. Still, we recently took up MTG together and he's only beat me once out of about 20 games. He gets so salty when he loses :D

• Like 1

I'm ordering Jack Daw, Crossroads Seven and of course a Free Henchman T-Shirt because.. well... it's free!!

A few friends of mine are ordering a tonne of stuff. One is ordering all the guild stuff available another (Joe) is ordering all the gremlins stuff so it's going to be an interesting few weeks after GenCon for our little group. 

@ MD, I don't necessarily aim to be a Gremlin douchebag but I will be testing out as many different combinations etc as possible, as well as trying to find some of my own!

At some point I will no doubt either intentionally or accidentally field a douchebag list!

That happens. Usually those lists aren't fun to play with either :P