Off Topic Playground

Okay, so, tonight I stop painting for the time being and finish the Stooge cards. 

Tomorrow I go back to painting. 

I really hope my drive to paint doesn't end soon. I've been spending about 1-2 hours each night for the past week or two now. I think the fact that I'm finishing older pots of paint and opening new ones is part of it. Anyone else have this weird complex? :P

I remember going crazy with the washes back when GW announced they were changing the paint line - bought all the Gryphonne Sepia I could from the former LGS. It's the real secret to my painting technique.

Heh. Washes sum all my poor painting skill.

Still waiting for that other shoe to drop with 40K... Please, GW... By all means, give me another reason why I should NEVER invest with your line of product again.

One of two possible paths is going to happen with 40k in the next few years:

1) Make the pre-Heresy age the main timespan of the game, with separate rulebooks for the 41st Millennium.

2) The Empruh's gonna finally die, or at least transcend material existence. They'll probably find some way to justify his presence (and continued purity) in the Warp- eh, no they won't, it'll be "'cause he's the Emprah!" and nothing more :P

I remember going crazy with the washes back when GW announced they were changing the paint line - bought all the Gryphonne Sepia I could from the former LGS. It's the real secret to my painting technique.

Warpaints Inks, man. Soft Tone Ink =Gryphonne Sepia. Strong Tone Ink = Devlan Mud. Dark Tone Ink = Badab Black.

Comparison on Tale of Painters: http://taleofpainters.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-army-painter-warpaint-inks.html

One of two possible paths is going to happen with 40k in the next few years:

1) Make the pre-Heresy age the main timespan of the game, with separate rulebooks for the 41st Millennium.

2) The Empruh's gonna finally die, or at least transcend material existence. They'll probably find some way to justify his presence (and continued purity) in the Warp- eh, no they won't, it'll be "'cause he's the Emprah!" and nothing more :P

I'm actually intrigued by Warhammer "30K".  I just don't have the drive to start collecting a whole new army just yet. Otherwise I could just play my Ultramarines, sans Marneus Calgar, and all my other named characters.

I would invest in Guilleman though, if FW makes his model. I like all of the Primarchs they've made so far, but have yet to buy one.

Road+twerks_f97f3c_5607690.jpg

I see what you did there. Oddly enough, if there's one thing this state does right, it's roadwork. TDOT gets shit done. I think the workers get performance bonuses for getting done on or ahead of schedule, plus they work in the middle of the night to minimize traffic issues.

Y'know while I get that traffic can kinda suck, not one of our mayoral candidates has said anything beyond "fix or improve our traffic issues". No mention of the high-speed bus plan from years ago, no rail, no nothing.

Traffic isn't even that bad yet (outside of one particular highway), so we can plan for the future and avoid becoming the next Atlanta (they are never, ever caught up with roadwork there- they started growing too fast in the 90s and didn't plan ahead soon enough, and now it's too late).

I'm actually intrigued by Warhammer "30K".  I just don't have the drive to start collecting a whole new army just yet. Otherwise I could just play my Ultramarines, sans Marneus Calgar, and all my other named characters.

I would invest in Guilleman though, if FW makes his model. I like all of the Primarchs they've made so far, but have yet to buy one.

I tend to be very love/hate with gamer slang. Guilleman's slang nickname "Rowboat Girlyman" is one I love :D

I did an inventory and I have the following crews:

Guild: Lady Justice, Perdita
Resser: Nicodem, Seamus
Arcanist: Rasputina, Mei Feng, Marcus (still in the box- a generous extra from the TtB Kickstarter)
Outcast: Viktorias, Leveticus, Tara

I'm tempted to sell off Levi and the Ressers outside of the models that work well with Tara (keeping my Necropunks). I want to keep the Ronin and Taelor for sure, so I see no reason to sell just the Viks and Student of Conflict metals even though I probably won't play them much. Not sure if I want to keep Marcus, but I like the models. I thought I'd throw this question out there:

You must get rid of at least three of the above crews- who would you pick and why?

I did an inventory and I have the following crews:

Guild: Lady Justice, Perdita

Resser: Nicodem, Seamus

Arcanist: Rasputina, Mei Feng, Marcus (still in the box- a generous extra from the TtB Kickstarter)

Outcast: Viktorias, Leveticus, Tara

I'm tempted to sell off Levi and the Ressers outside of the models that work well with Tara (keeping my Necropunks). I want to keep the Ronin and Taelor for sure, so I see no reason to sell just the Viks and Student of Conflict metals even though I probably won't play them much. Not sure if I want to keep Marcus, but I like the models. I thought I'd throw this question out there:

You must get rid of at least three of the above crews- who would you pick and why?

Three from that list would be very painful for me. Two is easy (Lady Justice and Perdita, since they're not connected to anyone else).

I'd keep Nicodem, Seamus, Tara and Leveticus because they like sharing models with each other, and the Viktorias because I could never give them up. I'd either drop all three Arcanists (none of them have anything that Levy particularly wants to hire, and they don't really share models) or the two Guildies and Marcus.

(In reality, I'd keep all of them forever, even though they'd never get played.)

We all suffer from Wp 1 in here ;)

Tell me about it. I have Justice, Perdita, Sonnia, McMourning, Lucius, McCabe, Pandora, Zoraida, Dreamer, Lynch, Rasputina, Colette, Kaeris, Mei Feng, Marcus, Nicodem, Seamus, Molly, Kirai, Yan Lo, Tara, Leveticus, Viktoria, Von Schill, Hamelin, Jack Daw, Misaki, Som'er and Ophelia. I play one game a week if I'm lucky. :P

Morning, people!

Leveticus, Mei Feng (sorry Dirial), and Marcus

Also, is that M2E new in box Marcus? Hint hint...

JACKHAMMER KICK!

Tell me about it. I have Justice, Perdita, Sonnia, McMourning, Lucius, McCabe, Pandora, Zoraida, Dreamer, Lynch, Rasputina, Colette, Kaeris, Mei Feng, Marcus, Nicodem, Seamus, Molly, Kirai, Yan Lo, Tara, Leveticus, Viktoria, Von Schill, Hamelin, Jack Daw, Misaki, Som'er and Ophelia. I play one game a week if I'm lucky. :P

I get about 1-2 games per month. I have Justice, Perdita, McCabe, Sonnia, Lucius, McMourning, Seamus. Hoffman is incoming.