Off Topic Playground

Hey Victoria! Nah, LZ my dad can beat me. But the rules have changed a bit in the new versions and I have some house rules that I learned the game with. He's a poor sport when things change.

Mako, I started in Australia, with a territory in South America, a couple in North America, and one each in Europe and Africa. The only one I didn't bother with was Asia. 7 troops a turn and unless you've basically got the whole rest of the map you still can't hold it.

Hey bow. :) I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever be able to get this box out to you, due to current finances. We keep praying and praying to get some money that my husband's job owes him because they weren't paying him his shift differential for six months... but until I get that money, I'm in the negative at the end of every pay cycle. *SIGH* :( Do you ever stop by Lincoln?

Not often, next month I drill in Lincoln though. I don't have dates for that yet, however. I'd love to go out there for a meet and greet fun day or something, but every day is booked solid this month, especially with my mom's situation right now. I don't want to do anything to worry them, and going to meet someone I've only talked to online would do it. :/

Maybe when we do that inter city thing?

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Yeah, I pretty much skim across the bottom of asia and try to keep australasia and africa. That's done well for me in the past, despite the risk of splitting so heavily in two.

Wow, when did it get to half past one?

My friend already had Africa, and no one was seriously fighting for South America. My brother took North America for part of a turn, then gave up on it when I took Mexico and parked on it. I only had 6 troops there... Not an insurmountable force. If he'd followed my advice he might have won he had most of North America at the start, but he wanted Asia. So I took the rest of North America. Oh well. It was fun anyway. As far as risk games go, though, it was actually pretty short, only 3 or 4 hours.