Off Topic Playground

I definitely fit in that category, I think in pictures, so words are pretty difficult for me to process without a visual of some sort, and numbers are impossible. That was especially true when I was younger, so mom pulled me out of public school to home school me. Best thing she ever did for me. I was already falling through the cracks. I'm definitely a fish they were trying to make climb trees.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Of coarse, Mister Shine,I have behind the old DM screen way more than the other way around. I know how the player character mind works. As for the Quill, yes I do Edonil. In fact, it is a story from our current RP campaign. Bow will understand it.

Yup! And I'm looking forward to reading it! :)

Ooo. Sounds interesting! I need to shake Elle out of her funk, she's been in a bad mood along with the rest of my mind lately. Just need to figure out how to do it. Gonna try painting tonight, if I can find the time.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Most people hate word problems. I was actually always really good at them. But that being said,.. there's still the question of,..

"if a train leaves Chicago heading west at 35 miles an hour,.. do I really give a ****???"

A-freaking-men.

sadly, many animes have this flaw. It has a good concept, compelling story,.. etc,.. right up until a certain point, where either the story doesn't make sense, or it just seems like the writers couldn't figure out what needed to happen next. At which point, it just falls apart.

Or the other flaw, where-in they get too sidetracked with "filler" episodes, and too far away from the main story arc. Sometimes they ride this train so far that by the time they get back to the main plot,.. you've all but lost interest in it. Naruto would be a good example of this.

Naruto and Bleach both did that, which is why I skipped on them after a while. Bleach was great right up until the first filler arc. Honestly, I've found few animes really able to hold up under their own weight that weren't short (Black Blood Brothers as an example of a short one). Gundam Wing pulled it off somewhat well, as did both of the Fullmetal Alchemists.

Black Blood Brothers could have gone much further. In fact, it was just starting to get good. It always seems that the ones that I really like don't ever get a second season. And yet, Pokémon and yu-gi-oh will go 7 thousand seasons,... I just can't seem to figure it out,...

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

If you like just plain, good ol' fashioned story telling. I recommend Mushi-Shi. It's got a bit of a "Japanese Twilight Zone" thing going on,...