Off Topic Playground

At gencon they sold a lot of the old modules at auction, some of which went for a pretty penny.

I'd check on ebay before giving them away for sure

This is true!! On ebay I went searching around for a particular box set... I couldn't find it anywhere online for less than $200. Fortunately, I found it at gen con for $25 so I snatched it up. (You can also get a steal at the auction if you are lucky!)

You americans and your crazy healthcare, ie pay for it yourself

Believe me, this is one instance where I will absolutely say how we do it is worse than how most other countries with modern medicine do it. I doubt it will change in our lifetimes.

That said, this account is basically pre-tax money set aside for medical use. They take HSA contributions, 401K contributions, insurance costs, and for some, certain other approved deductions before they calculate our payroll taxes. It could be worse.

I have a friend who got so fed up with how things are here that he moved to the Netherlands with his family. As a freelance coder he can work from anywhere that has DSL/cable access, so he thought "why not?" and as far as I can tell they are loving it there.