Off Topic Playground

Morning, I'm a bit tired lol.

Got home from work last night to find the back door lock had broken meaning the door wouldn't shut properly.

I rang the Insurance as security is covered in our policy.. They said they would send a locksmith around though they couldnt guarantee a time..He came at 00.45 this morning lol, but at least its fixed..but doesn't help when you have to be up at 6...

How is you?

Morning all. How's everyone doing?

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

I got told by the supply sgt to slow down, I'm getting through tasks faster than she can come up with new ones. Problem is... Short of actively wasting time I don't know how to go any slower than I am...

Oh, I'm keeping all of it. Just not starting anything new. I've only got a few things for Eldar, might sell those, but we'll see.

And, for some odd reason, it doesn't feel half as weird doing 40k versus fantasy. Sure, a whole bunch of those models are just wound markers, but at least people will see them, unlike the models in row three of a ranked unit.

I kept a fair amount of mine too. I like the Rogue Trader stuff too much to just get rid of it, and I'm keeping enough newer stuff to play a small-unit-scale sci-fi game if I find one to my liking (and someone who will try it).

My plan is quick and dirty paint job now, then go back later and make the unit leaders, musicians, banners, and front line soldiers look nice. Since no one cares after the front rank, so what?

The KoW Ogre army will be different. The bulk of it, including old metal Confrontation Wolfen, is less than 30 guys, and the biggest possible unit is two rows of 3 each, so I'll probably spend more time per model on them. It's odd looking at them side by side with GW minis, because most of the KoW Large Infantry is the size of a GW Black Orc due to scale differences (true 28mm vs. "heroic 28mm" that's actually more like 32mm).

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I am so groggy. Have you guys ever had that fancy soda machine where you can get peach flavored coke? That's real science.

They call it Freestyle, I call it The Soda Machine of the Future. "Orange Coke" is no longer just Southern vernacular for orange soda (or "pop" as those weird Midwesterners call it). I prefer it with lime, though.

So. Done. Everything hurts, who knew sitting at a desk all day could make someone so sore.

... admittedly I wasn't at the desk, I was hunched over filing cabinets trying to read the titles so I could get information from them and match it up with another couple pieces of paper...

On the up side, the crutches are gone. On the down side it hurts! I'm not moving for the rest of the day.

Sounds like fun times for everyone! I'm having a frustrating day of getting a result, only to have the control samples change what they've been doing for the last month so I can't rely on the data...

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Hopefully not sticky notes like the cyanide and happiness comic, Redd?

It's coming. Got my contract figured out, but i'm waiting on dinner and it's hard to focus on an empty stomach. at least... it is when I came in with it empty. I forget to eat if I get busy before I start feeling hungry.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

I also need to cut my illustration time down to 2 hours... They wanted it at 30 minutes!

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

How's your texturing coming?

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

pizza!!!!