Off Topic Playground

Oh, Shaper, while you're about, I have a bit of an Aussie question for you. Kangaroos are furry, right? But how furry are they on the face, paws, feet and tail? I'm trying to work out how much texture to put on bits of the marsupials...

You'll be looking for the same texture that you see on a short haired rabbit or hare... it has fur on it's face, paws,feet and tail but it is a short across itself...

And I could just do with a drink, it was my birthday so I've got a flimsy excuse! And being awake all night means I'll need one by the end of today...

Merry birthday for the other day then!

Ahh bonus, so probably not worth sculpting fur over those bits then, but to bring a little texture in over the back of the head and the main torso. Cheers Shaper!

Not sure if I've found what I need yet, but it's looking promising. The resin is a little viscous but I can get a slower curing one so if I'm careful it might work. Gonna cost a bit tho, only comes in pints or gallons, and the filler is a 10lb box! Gonna be a fun subway ride, that...

Well, the marsupials would make it seven *grin*

I might talk to them once I've got the other death gremlins more sorted, because by then I'll want to show them anyway, like a dog with a new trick! I'm pretty sure that casting for me isnt a problem, it's the number of other people who wanted one that gets to be the issue...

Still, tis a problem for another day. As yet I've got tons of sculpting to enjoy first!

Afternoon all! Had great fun at the Kill team tournament yesterday but am really suffering from it now and will be stuck in bed again today (still, at least I have the Xbox up there to play on if I get bored). I finished very low down in the rankings yesterday, but it was a laugh all the same. My Grey Knights did admirably, just a shame that my Orks didn't do as well. Then again, game 2 had me facing Sentinels (in KT?!) and I couldn't beat their armour, the 3rd game had me against terminators that couldn't fail a armour save, grr), so there wasn't much I could do against things like that. People loading up on flame-based weapons and taking Torrent also did not helps, the organiser has already said some things will be banned from the next tourney (no more than 1 vehicle per list, no 2+ saves, not Torrent, etc) to bring it back to something more fun that cannot be taken advantage of.

Currently waiting for all the Gears of War 3 DLC to download, I wish my internet would just stay fast and not keep slowing down :P

Catch ye all later!

Well, the marsupials would make it seven *grin*

I might talk to them once I've got the other death gremlins more sorted, because by then I'll want to show them anyway, like a dog with a new trick! I'm pretty sure that casting for me isnt a problem, it's the number of other people who wanted one that gets to be the issue...

Still, tis a problem for another day. As yet I've got tons of sculpting to enjoy first!

So We need a Wambat as an Executioner, Lady J as a platapus an Austringer can be a Cocatoo

Maybe a Wallaby as the governors proxy

Lady Platypus and the wombatsecutioner are on the list of my sculpting jobs, I hadn't got fuher than the basic box set and the executioner but the cockatoo is a damn good idea! Although for now I think I'm going to keep to the box set for both the gremlins and the marsupials, just so it doesn't get waaaay out of hand like some of my other projects!

Aargh, no stop! I have enough trouble keeping my own mind under control, without you guys adding to the chaos! I shall start with the box set. Then, after that, things may happen. I suspect they will, but that's not until I've got a few more bits off the scuttling table! Lol

Take a look at Heroclix for inspiration. Just don't do it clear, it looks like ice sculpting.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Alright, Elle needs to show up, I want to finish this scene before I go to bed and I'm nearly there as it is...

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Well, she finally started cooperating. Time for sleep. Ta-ta folks, have a good day!