Off Topic Playground

This song reminds me of Malifaux... I'll post a video later... but just read the lyrics *snigger*

The Irish Ballad (Rickety Tickety Tin)

The Irish Ballad (Rickety Tickety Tin)(Tom Lehrer)

About a maid I'll sing a song

Sing rickety tickety tin

About a maid I'll sing a song

Who didn't have her family long

Not only did she do them wrong

She did every one of them in, them in

She did every one of them in.

One morning in a fit of pique

Sing rickety tickety tin

One morning in a fit of pique

She drowned her father in the creek

The water tasted bad for a week

And we had to make do with gin, with gin

We had to make do with gin

Her mother she could never stand

Sing rickety tickety tin

Her mother she could never stand

And so a cyanide soup she planned

The mother died with the spoon in her hand

And her face in a hideous grin, a grin

Her face in a hideous grin.

She weighted her brother down with stones

Sing rickety tickety tin

She weighted her brother down with stones

And sent him off to Davey Jones

All they ever found were some bones

And occasional pieces of skin, of skin

Occasional pieces of skin.

She set her sister's hair on fire

Sing rickety tickety tin

She set her sister's hair on fire

And as the smoke and flame rose higher

Danced around the funeral pyre

Playing a violin, olin

Playing a violin.

One day she had nothing to do

Sing rickety tickety tin

One day she had nothing to do

She cut her baby brother in two

And served him up as an Irish stew

And invited the neighbors in, bors in

Invited the neighbors in.

And when at last the police came by

Sing rickety tickety tin

And when at last the police came by

Her little pranks she did not deny

To do so she would have had to lie

And lying she knew was a sin, a sin

And lying she knew was a sin.

My tragic tale I won't prolong

Sing rickety tickety tin

My tragic tale I won't prolong

I hope you like my little song

You've yourself to blame if it's too long

You should never have let me begin, begin

You should never have let me begin.

LOL nice, prentending to be part of canada XD

Heh I like that wording "last look of civilization" XD

I did like main whne I was up there last time, its a nice state in the spring/summer. Winter will be interesting though.. especially Feb as that can be a brutal month for snow.

How are the roads during that month?

In Maine, Februmort is frigid... I mean, rediculously cold... we have an icy wind that blows through the state during that part of the winter. The roads are dryish... and icy. It snows in Februmort, but it's usually a dry powdery snow... but we get some melting too so there is quite a bit of ice on the ground. The highway is better maintained. This year it flurried both days of the con, but it was pretty okay--cold, but sunny to brightly cloudy...

In Maine, Februmort is frigid... I mean, rediculously cold... we have an icy wind that blows through the state during that part of the winter. The roads are dryish... and icy. It snows in Februmort, but it's usually a dry powdery snow... but we get some melting too so there is quite a bit of ice on the ground. The highway is better maintained. This year it flurried both days of the con, but it was pretty okay--cold, but sunny to brightly cloudy...

Yeah only thing I would be worried about is getting caught in something with the Charger because it's Rear Wheel Drive >.> I like to avoid driving in ice and snow with it XD.

So maybe a flight then, can't be much to fly from Manchester to there and catch a service to there etc. Eh we will see, still many months to think about it =)

*Reads the song lyrics*

Yeah... that is kinda creepy....kinda makes me think of Seamus if he was a girl lol Nice find =D

the wind is a bit cool, but totally tolerable... I can't wait to drive in my car... open the sun roof... *squee*

*nearly falls off your shoulder at the squee, pulls himself back up by his tail*

Lol. Yeah it will be nice to drive home with the windows down on the high way =D I half wish my car had a sun roof though I never really used it in any car I had one lol. Maybe I would now *shrugs*

Yeah only thing I would be worried about is getting caught in something with the Charger because it's Rear Wheel Drive >.> I like to avoid driving in ice and snow with it XD.

So maybe a flight then, can't be much to fly from Manchester to there and catch a service to there etc. Eh we will see, still many months to think about it =)

*Reads the song lyrics*

Yeah... that is kinda creepy....kinda makes me think of Seamus if he was a girl lol Nice find =D

it's expensive to fly into bangor... I don't know why... but it is... you could bus though... and get a rental? or take a cab? or book early enough to get a room in the same hotel as the con? *shrugs*

And I was taught that song by some of my crazy friends... :D

it's expensive to fly into bangor... I don't know why... but it is... you could bus though... and get a rental? or take a cab? or book early enough to get a room in the same hotel as the con? *shrugs*

And I was taught that song by some of my crazy friends... :D

Hmmm maybe something to do with the climate or something.... or maybe its because of the lack of usual travel to that airport? Eh who knows heh. I'll figure something out by then I'm sure, just not to keen on driving in snow/ice etc. Had my run-ins with it I don't want to repeat XD

Ahhh Crazy friends, the best kind of friends =D

all right, I'm out for now!!! Have fun!!! Don't make too much of a mess ;)

Cya Fell! Have a good evening.

Happy Friday everyone! friday.gif

Excellent Idea! I'll buy the first round!

I am SO looking forward to the nice weather here today and tomorrow. It's about time. Too bad I have to spend it mowing the lawn and working on my car instead of just enjoying it. But sure is nice to see the sun!

That song was awesome!

Hey atleast you get out into the sun lol, been in the office most of the day except a brief walk during lunch heh.

You're on!

Could easily be handled in August... :whistle:

There's a con 2 weeks after Gen Con that some of the Wyrdo's (including myself) coming up in DC that we may be attending...

Hey Ill be up for it in August at Gencon ;)

Whats the Con? May be worth making the trek down to it, I'll have the vacation time to burn atleast.

Posted this a few days ago in the North American section with no reply then came across this thread...don't mean to hijack or side track but its semi relevant and if you did discuss it some 40 pages back or so please accept my apologies

"Not sure where really to post this so Moderators feel free to move.

I attended last year my first Gen Con and loved it. I noticed other than the Wyrd booth (which i spent way more money than I had budgeted ) there were empty tables in the card hall where a few people played miniatures game including Malifaux. Is this where the forum people will be meeting, greeting and playing? If not where and when? We have our gaming club from up north Canada going done to play."

I'm quite sure that the tables in the gaming hall would be a great place to meet other forumites. I know that's where I got to meet Sketch and Zee last year (though they probably won't remember me). I hung out for probably an hour and flipped through Zee's copy of Rising Powers at the time, and looked over people's shoulders as they played the game a bit. The game, and the online community in general, was much smaller last year, so there weren't as many folks hanging out there at that point. I suspect it will be much larger this coming year. :)

Oh, and I'm down for some fun in the evening hanging out with you guys. Sounds like the Wyrdos can be a bit of a riotous crowd. :D

Totally starting to freak out now :(

Test in t- 1hr 23m

*starts shaking, decides a small coffee won't kill her, goes off in search if such a beast*

*hops up onto your shoulder with a small coffee*

You'll be fine Fell, don't let yourself worry to much. =)

seems like you have a lot painted .

* swirls the last sip of wine in his glass , and thinks to himself if he is buzzed enough to drink the wine they sell in the supermarket ..... nah looks like blue moon it is than . yes a cold blue moon on a warm spring night is good !