Off Topic Playground

So I tried out Levi for the first time last night. WOW, that was fun. Our Summer league is starting in two weeks, and I was planning to declare Guild as my faction (we have to pick one at the beginning of the league and stick with it) so I could play Hoffman. But now I'm torn, LOL.

Had an absolutely EPIC 4th round of the game. Most of the game had gone in my favor, and I'd killed a couple of his guys already. I used Levi's various shenanigans to get up close and personal with Swordmistress Vik at the end of Round 3, and then won initiative. I thought, hehehe...good bye! I had drawn a mostly crappy hand, with only one Severe card...the Red Joker! So I figured I would be set. I used Necromantic Sacrifice to walk up into Melee range of her, and make my first attack. I think I flipped a 10, and he flipped a 13. So, pretty close. He was out of Soulstones, and I wanted to keep my Joker to cheat in on the damage. So, I burn my last Soulstone...flipped a 1! ARGH! So, had to take the second attack, and he flipped awesome again (might've been ANOTHER 13). So I was forced to cheat in with the Red Joker just to hit him. So, I thought, well, that's OK, I can still discard and get up to two + flips, hopefully I'll get a Severe in there. So I discard, flip 3 cards, got an 11 (yes!), and then.....you guessed! Black Joker! LOL

I was like..."Are you freakin' kidding me!" Then the best part was, Vikki activates next, easily smacks Levi, and at this point I have no high cards, and no Soulstones left, so she easily hits me....then on a - flip for damage...she gets the Red Joker, LOL!

Unfortunately, by that point, my Waifs were so close to the action that he was able to take them out too, but man, that was hilarious. It wasn't until AFTER I flipped the Black Joker that I finally realized that I had forgotten to use Death's Lessons to prime my deck, which probably would have allowed me to skate by without flipping the Black Joker in the midst of all that. Oh well, lesson learned!

Still though...had a TON of fun playing him. So, as I said...now I'm partially thinking about declaring Outcasts for our League instead. The tough part is, it's an escalation League, with the last 4-5 weeks being Brawls, so basically I have to choose if I want to do Hoffman with Levi/Ramos, or do Levi with Hoffman/Ramos for Brawls. I'm still probably leaning more towards Hoffman to start with, but definitely looking forward to playing Levi a bit more.

So I tried out Levi for the first time last night. WOW, that was fun. Our Summer league is starting in two weeks, and I was planning to declare Guild as my faction (we have to pick one at the beginning of the league and stick with it) so I could play Hoffman. But now I'm torn, LOL.

Had an absolutely EPIC 4th round of the game. Most of the game had gone in my favor, and I'd killed a couple of his guys already. I used Levi's various shenanigans to get up close and personal with Swordmistress Vik at the end of Round 3, and then won initiative. I thought, hehehe...good bye! I had drawn a mostly crappy hand, with only one Severe card...the Red Joker! So I figured I would be set. I used Necromantic Sacrifice to walk up into Melee range of her, and make my first attack. I think I flipped a 10, and he flipped a 13. So, pretty close. He was out of Soulstones, and I wanted to keep my Joker to cheat in on the damage. So, I burn my last Soulstone...flipped a 1! ARGH! So, had to take the second attack, and he flipped awesome again (might've been ANOTHER 13). So I was forced to cheat in with the Red Joker just to hit him. So, I thought, well, that's OK, I can still discard and get up to two + flips, hopefully I'll get a Severe in there. So I discard, flip 3 cards, got an 11 (yes!), and then.....you guessed! Black Joker! LOL

I was like..."Are you freakin' kidding me!" Then the best part was, Vikki activates next, easily smacks Levi, and at this point I have no high cards, and no Soulstones left, so she easily hits me....then on a - flip for damage...she gets the Red Joker, LOL!

Unfortunately, by that point, my Waifs were so close to the action that he was able to take them out too, but man, that was hilarious. It wasn't until AFTER I flipped the Black Joker that I finally realized that I had forgotten to use Death's Lessons to prime my deck, which probably would have allowed me to skate by without flipping the Black Joker in the midst of all that. Oh well, lesson learned!

Still though...had a TON of fun playing him. So, as I said...now I'm partially thinking about declaring Outcasts for our League instead. The tough part is, it's an escalation League, with the last 4-5 weeks being Brawls, so basically I have to choose if I want to do Hoffman with Levi/Ramos, or do Levi with Hoffman/Ramos for Brawls. I'm still probably leaning more towards Hoffman to start with, but definitely looking forward to playing Levi a bit more.

Glad to hear you've fallen for Leveticus, isn't he just dreamy? ;D

Yeah that kind of stuff happens to him XD. Just one little touch and they can be dead lol.

Death's lessons will always haunt you if you forget about it ;).

What did you bring for your crew? SPA's? Or something else?

How long is your league man? That sounds crazy long if your doing that many brawls at the end.

and each of those mirrors show 4 fingers pointign back at you!

it was all you wasn't it!!!

Blast!

*Ditches the Mirrors*

Hiya Hayzel! How's it going?

I think we should all stop blaming one another... Sketch isn't going to kick anyone out, he loves us too much... we entertain him :D

Awww but it's fun!

...Oh alright.

Lets hope he does!

Hiya Fell and Hayzel.....and KArn!

Looks like the finger wagglers are back again!

Welcome back AB ;)

Miss us?

Death's lessons will always haunt you if you forget about it ;).

Heh...yeah, I forsee that happening at least a few more times before I get the hang of him. I really did like though, how I could sort of prime the deck at the end of the round, if Levi was the last to activate, since I knew he was going to die and let me draw cards. So, I was able to look ahead at what I might pick up in my hand for next round. So that was cool.

What did you bring for your crew? SPA's? Or something else?

Recently picked up the Hooded Rider, so wanted to try it. Was a 35 SS game, so I played with Hooded and Mechanical Riders, then Alyce, Canine Remains, and 2 SPAs. Still managed to get the Desolation Engine on the table at the end, which was pretty cool.

How long is your league man? That sounds crazy long if your doing that many brawls at the end.

Will run from May to August. Is an escalation League, so we'll start with 25 SS scraps, then bump up by 5 stones like every 2-3 weeks. 40 or 45 SS and higher are brawls I think, with the last 2 weeks being 50 SS brawls. Should be fun. :D

And hmm...Neverborn? Come to think of it...nope. Having killed any of them in quite some time. I might need to brush up on my skills so they don't get rusty.

Karn....hold still!

Heh...yeah, I forsee that happening at least a few more times before I get the hang of him. I really did like though, how I could sort of prime the deck at the end of the round, if Levi was the last to activate, since I knew he was going to die and let me draw cards. So, I was able to look ahead at what I might pick up in my hand for next round. So that was cool.

Recently picked up the Hooded Rider, so wanted to try it. Was a 35 SS game, so I played with Hooded and Mechanical Riders, then Alyce, Canine Remains, and 2 SPAs. Still managed to get the Desolation Engine on the table at the end, which was pretty cool.

Hmmm not bad, bringing any with Levy to start is just a good idea ;) Hurray for the Desolation Engine though! Fantastic model =)

Will run from May to August. Is an escalation League, so we'll start with 25 SS scraps, then bump up by 5 stones like every 2-3 weeks. 40 or 45 SS and higher are brawls I think, with the last 2 weeks being 50 SS brawls. Should be fun. :D

Holy crap that is a long league... I only wish we could run them that long at my LGS XD We usually only do 5 - 6 weeks since people like to bounce around on what they play/do etc.

And hmm...Neverborn? Come to think of it...nope. Having killed any of them in quite some time. I might need to brush up on my skills so they don't get rusty.

Karn....hold still!

O.o

*jumps onto fells shoulder and hides in her hair*

Holy crap that is a long league... I only wish we could run them that long at my LGS XD We usually only do 5 - 6 weeks since people like to bounce around on what they play/do etc.

Yeah, we did August to November last Fall, and people had to select one Master and only play that one for the whole time, and people still stuck with it and enjoyed it. Our group was newer then though, so it worked well that people didn't have to purchase a whole lot of stuff. Plus, that was a Campaign-style league. Our group has since grown and most people have at least 2 Masters for their faction now, so we've discovered that we like having the option to switch around a bit, a la tournament rules.

Part of why I'm trying to decide if I really do want to declare Guild for my chosen faction, partly because i'm just like...eww...Guild...but also because I only have Hoffman, and then opponents will know what I'm running every single week. If I declare Outcasts, I also have the Viks and have been planning to snag Von Schill at some point, so I'd have more options. Then I can still do Hoff/Levi for Brawls anyways.

Yeah, we did August to November last Fall, and people had to select one Master and only play that one for the whole time, and people still stuck with it and enjoyed it. Our group was newer then though, so it worked well that people didn't have to purchase a whole lot of stuff. Plus, that was a Campaign-style league. Our group has since grown and most people have at least 2 Masters for their faction now, so we've discovered that we like having the option to switch around a bit, a la tournament rules.

Part of why I'm trying to decide if I really do want to declare Guild for my chosen faction, partly because i'm just like...eww...Guild...but also because I only have Hoffman, and then opponents will know what I'm running every single week. If I declare Outcasts, I also have the Viks and have been planning to snag Von Schill at some point, so I'd have more options. Then I can still do Hoff/Levi for Brawls anyways.

Pick the Everything-Flavored Bagel, go with Outcasts XD

You can still use da Hoffsta and you get to deal out some creepy old man lov'n to everyone!

Cool to hear about hte leagues XD I'd love to be able to play in something that long.

When you say campaignish, what do you do to get that feel? I've been pondering doing something like that, but still looking for info on how others have done it.