Off Topic Playground

Arcworlde?

The collective nouns for otters are bevy, family, lodge, or romp, (being descriptive of their often playful nature) or, when in water, raft. -Wikipedia. I'd say we're a romp.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Anyway, I'm doing good. About to toss on a couple class lectures and do some more painting of the Death Marshal

Woo, I love a good romp! :-P

Yeah, arcworlde. How can I resist the lure of undead captain grayhab and the zombie whale...

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

That marshals looking good, I might suggest a touch of bone type colour on the ridges of the skull front, but it's a pretty sweet colour for those flames and the blacks worked well.

There's another one to try, sweet. We'll see what I do in the end with that, lol.

A zombie whale? I went looking and didn't see it...where is this zombie whale?

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Nevermind, just found it, lol. That's pretty impressive...

I'm doing okay. Back to work and back to classes, but managing to get some painting done anyway, which is nice.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Get hit with con crud, or did you manage to dodge that bullet?

Sweet, glad you avoided it.

Oh, and Joe- welcome to the OTT! *grin*

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Well, I just ordered all the basing material I need for Lady J and Rasputina...along with trying out something new. Got a set of Secret Weapon's Exhaust Black weathering powder. Figure I can try painting up the skull in regular bone, then use the powder to add that charred look I want.

Do you think it'll replace physical minis completely?

Oh no, not in my lifetime. But I do think there's plenty of application there. Just off the top of my head I'm thinking it could function as a tape measure, something telling me whether or not a model has cover for real, a wound tracker, a stat tracker, and a terrain type tracker.

I don't see it as taking over for minis, rather being a useful device for minis.