New to Malifaux & Neverborn. Need Help!

Barby007

If you go down to the woods today,

You're sure of a big surprise.

You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was

Will gather there for certain because

Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Picnic time for teddy bears;

The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.

Watch us catch them unawares,

And see them picnic on their holiday.

See them gaily gad about.

They love to play and shout,

They never have any cares.

At six o'clock their mummies and daddies

Will take them home to bed

Because they're tired little teddy bears.

creepy Murph.... very creepy. This was one of my favorite poems as a child... Now I'll think of Teddy everytime I hear it... *shakes head* :)

You're sure of a big surprise.

You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was

Will gather there for certain because

Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Picnic time for teddy bears;

The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.

Watch us catch them unawares,

And see them picnic on their holiday.

See them gaily gad about.

They love to play and shout,

They never have any cares.

At six o'clock their mummies and daddies

Will take them home to bed

Because they're tired little teddy bears.

I LOVE IT!!! Yep... my Teddy.. :) .... loves to destroy things ... and people.. for fun... LOL!

Barby

- So yesterday I played against my b/f and a friend 3 players game. My b/f had Marcus, Leah had Rasputina, and I had my Pandora battle box only. We each played a different scheme and strat. What a great game it was for me. So Rasputina and Marcus go at it while I'm just picking off everyone with Baby Kade and got my wagon to the center of the table with no damage for 4 VPs :cheer2:. Then Rasputina killed Marcus, (b/f was VERY upset) then everything went after me but my Pandora killed Rasputina with 1 Project Emotions (Depression) and 2 Self-Loathings (which was my other objective) another 4VPs :cheer2:.

- Now a bunch of questions came up.... Do I ask them on here or in the rules forum? They are all Pandora related though?

- Overall, I'm happy with my list. Can't wait to add Teddy, Doppleganger, and the Stitched Togethers to it. I just want to learn my Battlebox well before adding anything else to it. I already have the models for them though.

Thanks,

Barby

- So yesterday I played against my b/f and a friend 3 players game. My b/f had Marcus, Leah had Rasputina, and I had my Pandora battle box only. We each played a different scheme and strat. What a great game it was for me. So Rasputina and Marcus go at it while I'm just picking off everyone with Baby Kade and got my wagon to the center of the table with no damage for 4 VPs :cheer2:. Then Rasputina killed Marcus, (b/f was VERY upset) then everything went after me but my Pandora killed Rasputina with 1 Project Emotions (Depression) and 2 Self-Loathings (which was my other objective) another 4VPs :cheer2:.

- Now a bunch of questions came up.... Do I ask them on here or in the rules forum? They are all Pandora related though?

- Overall, I'm happy with my list. Can't wait to add Teddy, Doppleganger, and the Stitched Togethers to it. I just want to learn my Battlebox well before adding anything else to it. I already have the models for them though.

Thanks,

Barby

Glad you enjoyed your game and that you won! Congratulations!

If they are Pandora or Neverborn related, feel free to ask them here and I'm sure someone or all of us will be able to answer them. =)

You are right to learn your battlebox first, for Pandora that is by far the best way to go as it gives you a thorough introduction to all her mechanics and her general play style.

Yes... indeed! :rock:

I totally agree with you. Sometimes people only care about winning. That's the reason why I stopped playing Hordes. Too much yelling in screaming in game. Malifaux's play style is amazing where it's fun and competitive without people trying to LITERALLY kill each other. LOL!

Here's my current list:

1- Pandora

1- Baby Kade

1- Candy

1- Doppleganger

1- Teddy

2- Stitched Togethers

3- Sorrows

After perfecting my Pandora army, I was also considering The Dreamer. Any list suggestions for him? This is what I was thinking of running with him:

1- The Dreamer & Mr. Bits

1- Baby Kade

1- Candy

1- Teddy

2- Stitched Togethers

3- Daydreams

Thanks,

Barby

I'm a bit of a stranger to The Dreamer, but I do run Pandora whenever I'm feeling cruel, and I do have a friend that runs the Dreamer.

Most of my suggestions on running Pandora have already been said. From looking at your list I notice that you seem to have a lot of models that want to go first. Since Woes kind of need to go first or close to it in activation order. (Thanks to Pacify/Incite) So be sure to keep in mind that you'll lose a lot of control power later in the activation round. One thing I learned from running pandora is to never forget the power of the Mental anguish trigger (MAsks and crows on Ca) It can really turn the tide if your opponent decides to rush you. Make your opponents heavy hitter run for cover and the rest likely will as well. One more thing is to use project emotions often as it can screw up tightly packed crews very easily. Be sure to field a totem as well. Both of pandora's choices. Are great models for channeling her abilities. I chose the Primordial magic because I cheat often and so I like having the extra card. Plus I like its Ca of five. The highest of any totem available to any master. I'm pretty sure on that. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

Now, the dreamer. My suggestion is to field exclusively nightmares. I know that Candy and Kade are both good models in their own right, but when combined with the dreamer nightmares are much better off. Stitched Togethers are always a good idea as their gamble your life ability is very powerful if you play your cards right.

That said; the bulk of your crew will likely be determined by how your opponent plays.

If he spreads his models out into groups of one or two with 5-6" between them you'll want to run some of the bigger nightmares like Teddies, Lelu and Lilitu, as they can easily demolish isolated models. If he/she runs their crew more closely together. Having the dreamer pack a couple alps, Coppelius and some Stitched Togethers is likely going to be your best bet. As Alps will suffocate groups of weaker models that are close together; plus Coppelius can make more of them for a single eye counter. The Stitched together are there for some meat and hitting ability.

There's my advice. Though be sure to come up with your own strategies too. :)

If they are Pandora or Neverborn related, feel free to ask them here and I'm sure someone or all of us will be able to answer them. =)

Ok so here are my 3 questions:

Arcanists

1. Marcus's Hare, does it stay?

Hare: Replace Wk with Cg. Ignore intervening models and terrain penalties when moving.

2. Myranda, Does she get all the stats of the beasts she transforms into?

(1) Shapechange

(CC: 15tt/Rst: - /Rg: C) Myranda transforms into a

non-Unique Beast with a Soulstone Cost of 8 or less.

This model gains the Action: “(0) Revert: End this

model’s transformation.” Transform also ends if this

model casts Shapechange again.

Neverborn

3. Sorrows, Once I use link on a model, if at the beginning of the next turn, the sorrow is still in base contact with a model, do I have to cast link again or does it stay?

(0) Link: This model and target model in base contact

with it are Linked. After the model this model is

Linked to completes a Walk Action or ends its

activation, Push this model into base contact with the

Linkedmodel. Link ends if the two models are not in

base contact at the Start Closing Phase.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Barby :surprised

Edited by Barby007
Spelling and spacing errors

Ok so here are my 3 questions:

Arcanists

1. Marcus's Hare, does it stay?

2. Myranda, Does she get all the stats of the beasts she transforms into?

Neverborn

3. Sorrows, Once I use link on a model, if at the beginning of the next turn, the sorrow is still in base contact with a model, do I have to cast link again or does it stay?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Barby :surprised

1 Abilities with out a stated end time end at the closing phase so Hare lasts for 1 turn.

2 She gets pretty much everything from the card except the creatures spells. So she would get a rattlers serpent strike, or a cerberus' Three headed. She keeps her spells.

3 The end condition for link is the models not being in base contact during the start closing phase. Until that condition is met, the models are linked.

Phil

1 Abilities with out a stated end time end at the closing phase so Hare lasts for 1 turn.

2 She gets pretty much everything from the card except the creatures spells. So she would get a rattlers serpent strike, or a cerberus' Three headed. She keeps her spells.

3 The end condition for link is the models not being in base contact during the start closing phase. Until that condition is met, the models are linked.

Phil

Thank you! :) That clears up a few things.

Barby

- I forgot to ask another question.

1. What is a Woe?

- I know that Sorrows, Baby Kade, and Candy are examples of Woes but in the Rules Manual it talks about Living, Non-Living, Nightmares, Graverobbers etc buy there is no mention of Woes.

- I feel this is an important question because some spells specifically target Living models or Non-Living models, or Nightmares, etc.

Thanks,

Barby

If they are not listed thinking more as a class, like guardsman or horrors to name a few. Now if they do not have section in the rules manual default them as living.

- The word "WOE" is no where in the rules manual. It makes no sense to me. How is a woe living? I mean, they don't look living (example: Sorrows). Also, doesn't the fluff say they are sort of figments of human's imagination? I wish they would've defined WOE in the rules manual as they defined everything else.

Barby

- The word "WOE" is no where in the rules manual. It makes no sense to me. How is a woe living? I mean, they don't look living (example: Sorrows). Also, doesn't the fluff say they are sort of figments of human's imagination? I wish they would've defined WOE in the rules manual as they defined everything else.

Barby

Woe has no special rules attached to it like Ortega doesn't. Even if they may seem more like spirits etc, for rule purposes they are living models (unless stated otherwise by some other characteristic like Nightmare).

Sure it would have been cool if they were non-living, but for balance purposes it would make to many non-living models for hte first book I think. And in the end they are the Woes of humanity given physical form, so look at it like this... their body is living but even if they are killed, that woe still exists.

Edited by karn987

Woe has no special rules attached to it like Ortega doesn't. Even if they may seem more like spirits etc, for rule purposes they are living models (unless stated otherwise by some other characteristic like Nightmare).

Sure it would have been cool if they were non-living, but for balance purposes it would make to many non-living models for hte first book I think. And in the end they are the Woes of humanity given physical form, so look at it like this... their body is living but even if they are killed, that woe still exists.

I guess so. LOL. It would be cooler if they were undead or non-living though. LOL. Thanks for the clear up. :)

Barby

I guess so. LOL. It would be cooler if they were undead or non-living though. LOL. Thanks for the clear up. :)

Barby

No problem =)

It's one of those trade offs they have to make with a game, what would be cool and fluff-tastic may not always be the best choice for hte game as a whole. But oh well right?

>.>

I do agree though, I would love it if they were Spirits but that would be a little much ;) A Spirit Pandora? *shivers*