New to Malifaux & Neverborn. Need Help!

Barby007

Hey there everyone! I just learned Malifaux about a week ago and am still learning rules and such. I picked up The Neverborn (Pandora Starter, Fate Deck, Rules Manual, and Tape measure) and really like The Neverborn and love the Pandora starter synergy. I wanted a "cute" killer army (Teddies, babies, etc.). I was wondering if you had suggestions for the list I have in mind.

Pandora

Baby Kade

Candy

Teddy

Voodoo Doll

3- Sorrows

3- Daydreams

I've only played with the Pandora starter though because I'm still learning and don't want to be overwhelmed with card text.

Thanks,

Barby :girl:

Edited by Barby007

Well, you really can't use the daydreams or voodoo doll with Pandora. They have to be connected to The Dreamer and Zoraida. Otherwise what you have will make a good list. Pandora is awfully good. She really relies on making you take a ton of tests. If you want to stick with the kids and teddy that will work, you can also trade out the teddy for a doppleganger to copy Pandora's Emotional Trauma for double the fun. You could also add some Stitched Togethers for some toughness in the list.

Let me be the first to say WELCOME TO NEVERBORN!

Pandora is a fantastic Master to start off with and her crew is top notch.

On the list you selected, I am afraid to say you can not take the Voodoo Doll or Daydreams with Pandora. They are Totems and a Master can only take totems which say at the top (above the box with their stats):

• Totem (your masters name) so in this case Totem (Pandora)
  • Or just say Totem

So the only Totems Pandora can take are the Poltergeist and the Primordial Magic.

Her start set is fantastic though! I works really well right out of the box and will serve you well until you are ready to expand upon the crew.

If you are looking for more Pandora help, check the link in my signature to my Pandora tactica document. It is quite large and indepth but will give you just about everything you need to know. =) though it is not up to date with the Rules manual yet but will be in a week or two I hope. Either way it can still give you a great insight into many models and how they can help Pandora and just wrapping your head around her to begin with.

I heavily suggest you just stick with the Starter + maybe 1 model you like ( probably Teddy ;D ) for a while. Their is a LOT to Pandora and she has one of the steepest learning curves in the game. But that said, she is a blast to play and I personally found her a lot of fun to learn.

I wouldn't worry much right now about having the crew the strongest it can be. Instead focus on what is fun to you and what models you like and bother with the rest when you want to. Pandora can work well with any Neverborn model so pretty much, if you like it, take it ^^

If you want some models to look at... take a peak at:

• Insideous Madness
  • Stitched Together
  • Lilitu & Lelu
  • Coppelius
  • Doppelganger
  • Teddy
  • Hooded Rider

The first 4 bullets are all Rising Powers models and are all released save for the Madness which is due out really soon. The last 3 are Book 1 models and all released.

If you have any questions, requests, etc just ask away. Even though there be monsters on this section of the Forums, we are nice monsters =D

Edited by karn987

Well, you really can't use the daydreams or voodoo doll with Pandora. They have to be connected to The Dreamer and Zoraida. Otherwise what you have will make a good list. Pandora is awfully good. She really relies on making you take a ton of tests. If you want to stick with the kids and teddy that will work, you can also trade out the teddy for a doppleganger to copy Pandora's Emotional Trauma for double the fun. You could also add some Stitched Togethers for some toughness in the list.

I really like the kids with the teddy but I also like the daydreamers so I'm torn. Pandora is amazing though so I definetly agree with you there. The doppleganger's card looks pretty amazing too. I'm probably going to add that. Thanks for your advice! :)

Let me be the first to say WELCOME TO NEVERBORN!

Pandora is a fantastic Master to start off with and her crew is top notch.

Her start set is fantastic though! I works really well right out of the box and will serve you well until you are ready to expand upon the crew.

If you are looking for more Pandora help, check the link in my signature to my Pandora tactica document. It is quite large and indepth but will give you just about everything you need to know. =) though it is not up to date with the Rules manual yet but will be in a week or two I hope. Either way it can still give you a great insight into many models and how they can help Pandora and just wrapping your head around her to begin with.

I heavily suggest you just stick with the Starter + maybe 1 model you like ( probably Teddy ;D ) for a while. Their is a LOT to Pandora and she has one of the steepest learning curves in the game. But that said, she is a blast to play and I personally found her a lot of fun to learn.

I wouldn't worry much right now about having the crew the strongest it can be. Instead focus on what is fun to you and what models you like and bother with the rest when you want to.

If you have any questions, requests, etc just ask away. Even though there be monsters on this section of the Forums, we are nice monsters =D

Thanks for the welcome! I absolutely love the synergy of Pandora's starter. Her stat card is amazing as well. I'll definetly look into the doc you recommended for me to read. I'm definetly looking to expand my army a couple of points (hence the list).

I totally agree with the models that appeal to me. That's why I created the list I did. I was going for a killer toy and baby army. LOL! It sounded like a good idea.

After looking at the Stitched Togethers and Doppleganger, it's a high possibility I'll add those since the daydreams and Voodoo are out of the question.

You guys are great monsters helping a monster out. :)

Edited by Barby007

I really like the kids with the teddy but I also like the daydreamers so I'm torn. Pandora is amazing though so I definetly agree with you there. The doppleganger's card looks pretty amazing too. I'm probably going to add that. Thanks for your advice! :)

Thanks for the welcome! I absolutely love the synergy of Pandora's starter. Her stat card is amazing as well. I'll definetly look into the doc you recommended for me to read. I'm definetly looking to expand my army a couple of points (hence the list).

I totally agree with the models that appeal to me. That's why I created the list I did. I was going for a killer toy and baby army. LOL! It sounded like a good idea.

After looking at the Stitched Togethers and Doppleganger, it's a high possibility I'll add those since the daydreams and Voodoo are out of the question.

You guys are great monsters helping a monster out. :)

Always glad to help =)

I do agree and support the killer babies + toys army. Thats what attracted me to Pandora right off the bat as well.

Good luck and enjoy your games!

Another route you can go is with Jack Daw and 2 The Hanged. Jack is an outcast mercenary and will allow you to use the hanged from the resurrectionist line. It's a great set to use with Pandora, but will pretty much negate your kid/teddy theme.
Well Jack and his boys are nasty, but they are not kind to new players. I would not suggest playing Jack till you got the game and its mechanics down because he is not forgiving and will cost you the game if you play him wrong.

Another route you can go is with Jack Daw and 2 The Hanged. Jack is an outcast mercenary and will allow you to use the hanged from the resurrectionist line. It's a great set to use with Pandora, but will pretty much negate your kid/teddy theme.

- Thanks for the suggestion but those don't attract me at all. :flaminghe

Well Jack and his boys are nasty' date=' but they are not kind to new players. I would not suggest playing Jack till you got the game and its mechanics down because he is not forgiving and will cost you the game if you play him wrong.[/quote']

- I agree. I'm still learning. I just learned about the game this Saturday and only played on Sunday and Monday so I still need rules help before getting too crazy. :dizzy:

- Thanks! Well, on sunday playing only Pandora's starter box, I actually lost 2 games on Sunday but won 2 games on Monday. I was playing all wrong on Sunday anyways. Monday, everyone thought my team was "stupud" since the synergy was great. I noticed it too. They all feed off eachother. Love it the Neverborns! I also find them VERY cute. Very girlie of me LOL! :girl:

Thanks everyone! I take in all responses and will be trying a lot of new things.

Barby :wave:

Edited by Barby007

Yes, Pandora's crew has stupidly good synergy and that makes her and her crew a top tier.

If you don't mind reading a long tactica Karn did one on Pandora that is like a bible for Pandora players and I would highly suggest reading it for all her tricks and which models run best with her.

Also she was my first box. Baby Kade and Teddy where the reason I got into Malifaux.

Yes, Pandora's crew has stupidly good synergy and that makes her and her crew a top tier.

If you don't mind reading a long tactica Karn did one on Pandora that is like a bible for Pandora players and I would highly suggest reading it for all her tricks and which models run best with her.

Also she was my first box. Baby Kade and Teddy where the reason I got into Malifaux.

- ABSOLUTELY! I picked up Teddy and fell in love :dancing:.... then I picked up Baby Kade and said... I need to get these NOW! :ridinghorLOL!

- I don't mind reading the tactica at all. I'm looking forward to reading it. It's next on my to do list.

Thanks!

Barby :wave:

Edited by Barby007

*chuckles* First welcome to Malifaux and the Wyrd forums.

I do have a confession to make...it was Candy's flavor text that got me into playing this game. I couldn't stop giggling like a maniac at it. Unfortunately I then decided to buy Nicodem's box set,because I liked his look. But I am a poor boy so I couldn't afford to play nicodem properly.

Anyways,that slight aside. Having played a couple games against neverborn...the Doppelganger is so incredibly useful. Negative flips on initiative is actually a lot more powerful then you would think. plus its a second copy of any spell you might want to cast lol.And while it isnt that cute,the insidious madness is a death sentence for your opponent with Pandora.

Good luck with the neverborn.

Well apparently, my b/f started up a whole thread in the "Arcanists" section on how to kill my army so now I need advice as to how to keep him from killing me. LOL! I'm here trying to learn the game and be a good Malifaux/Neverborn player and he's just out to get me. LOL! Advice please. Oh, and he plays the Marcus box with a Jackolope and a Shikome.

Thanks,

Barby :marshmell

I helped him so I might as well help you too. First and foremost Pandora is one of the fastest models in the game. Mostly with her push after winning a Wp duel she can travel to one side of the board and back in a single turn. Her ability to keep herself from being targetted is also a nice when fighting anyone with a low to medium Wp as well. But enough of her str, let's talk tactics.

I usually set up my crew for the incite/pacify cha-cha across the board, at this point you wanna pick a target and focus it down. With her little dance basically able to move her across the board very quickly you can still have actions to cast her nasty attack spell self-loathing and probably take someone out (considering its there weapon +1 for the emotional trauma) and when your about done, if you have any targets left in range, you can cha-cha your way back out.

In terms of crew I never thought teddy was all that useful with Pandora and will generally favor more models on my field for mobilities sake. Teddy is better with The Dreamer mostly because of the lose of Rare 1, gaining Nightmare, and being able to keep him off the board until you need him to eat things. The last time I played her I had a rough time with stitched but I wanna play them more before I get a good idea if they are good with her or not. Other then that the rest of your list seems solid. The only thing I could see adding is a lilu and lilitu since they are not only beaters, but the lilitu can chain lure, which can be nice around Pandora for some little damage onto the target, plus it pulls them outta formation into your ranks.

Anti-marcus is simple, stay outta Howl range, since it will mess you up. Save SS for some of the important defensive flips, and overall stay faster. Keep moving and since you'll have the doppelganger you'll be able to go first in most cases.

Hope this helps (I apologize to your b/f for the far more extensive help to you but I play pandora on occastion to far more success to the couple of marcus games I played)

I helped him so I might as well help you too. First and foremost Pandora is one of the fastest models in the game. Mostly with her push after winning a Wp duel she can travel to one side of the board and back in a single turn. Her ability to keep herself from being targetted is also a nice when fighting anyone with a low to medium Wp as well. But enough of her str, let's talk tactics.

I usually set up my crew for the incite/pacify cha-cha across the board, at this point you wanna pick a target and focus it down. With her little dance basically able to move her across the board very quickly you can still have actions to cast her nasty attack spell self-loathing and probably take someone out (considering its there weapon +1 for the emotional trauma) and when your about done, if you have any targets left in range, you can cha-cha your way back out.

In terms of crew I never thought teddy was all that useful with Pandora and will generally favor more models on my field for mobilities sake. Teddy is better with The Dreamer mostly because of the lose of Rare 1, gaining Nightmare, and being able to keep him off the board until you need him to eat things. The last time I played her I had a rough time with stitched but I wanna play them more before I get a good idea if they are good with her or not. Other then that the rest of your list seems solid. The only thing I could see adding is a lilu and lilitu since they are not only beaters, but the lilitu can chain lure, which can be nice around Pandora for some little damage onto the target, plus it pulls them outta formation into your ranks.

Anti-marcus is simple, stay outta Howl range, since it will mess you up. Save SS for some of the important defensive flips, and overall stay faster. Keep moving and since you'll have the doppelganger you'll be able to go first in most cases.

Hope this helps (I apologize to your b/f for the far more extensive help to you but I play pandora on occastion to far more success to the couple of marcus games I played)

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. He's VERY competitive. I play for fun and he plays to win. LOL

Just use your womanly ways barby! Generally works! :D

LOL! Hopefully will work but generally doesn't. He's all about winning. He gets mad when he loses.

Thanks,

Barby

Well in my opinion you can get mad at the card flips bit don't get mad at the opponent. Especially when it is the one you are sleeping next to. :damnmate:

But also don't get too mad at the cards, this is a game that is suppose to be fun, win or lose.

Also what are you running with now days?

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

welcome to the forums and the game

just one thing

never born are :firedevileeeeeeeeeevil:firedevil......

Yes... indeed! :rock:

Well in my opinion you can get mad at the card flips bit don't get mad at the opponent. Especially when it is the one you are sleeping next to. :damnmate:

But also don't get too mad at the cards, this is a game that is suppose to be fun, win or lose.

Also what are you running with now days?

I totally agree with you. Sometimes people only care about winning. That's the reason why I stopped playing Hordes. Too much yelling in screaming in game. Malifaux's play style is amazing where it's fun and competitive without people trying to LITERALLY kill each other. LOL!

Here's my current list:

1- Pandora

1- Baby Kade

1- Candy

1- Doppleganger

1- Teddy

2- Stitched Togethers

3- Sorrows

After perfecting my Pandora army, I was also considering The Dreamer. Any list suggestions for him? This is what I was thinking of running with him:

1- The Dreamer & Mr. Bits

1- Baby Kade

1- Candy

1- Teddy

2- Stitched Togethers

3- Daydreams

Thanks,

Barby

With the Dreamer you want to run Nightmares. He buffs them and non Nightmares get left behind quickly.(Remember Teddy becomes a nightmare in a Dreamer list.) Maybe in that list you have you might want to drop Kade and Candy for the twins.(Lelu and Lilitu) Of course you can bring more than one Teddy with the Dreamer. I have three for a crazy list.

And if you don't want to frustrate your opponent and have a fun game don't Alp Bomb.

With the Dreamer you want to run Nightmares. He buffs them and non Nightmares get left behind quickly.(Remember Teddy becomes a nightmare in a Dreamer list.) Maybe in that list you have you might want to drop Kade and Candy for the twins.(Lelu and Lilitu) Of course you can bring more than one Teddy with the Dreamer. I have three for a crazy list.

And if you don't want to frustrate your opponent and have a fun game don't Alp Bomb.

- NICE!

- So list should be:

1- Dreamer and Chompy

1- Lelu

1- Lilitu

2- Teddy

2- Stitched Togethers

3- Daydreams

What do you think?

- LOL on Alp Bomb.

Thanks!

Barby

welcome.

To add to my twin's comment, the twins lilitu and lelu have great synergy. To avoid marcus' s aura/pulse debuffs, Lilitu's lure ability helps pull targets out of range so don't have to put Pandora in range of Marcus. His ability to lower your wp makes you susceptible to attacks.

last focus on strategy/schemes first killing second, you don't need a model on the board at the end of the game to win. Lilitu adds the ability to surgically remove his biggest threats off the board so your crew can focus on strategy.

Damn I was late on this thread lol, sounds like you got everything you need and all the advice to =D

If you want more stuff on the Dreamer I'm sure you saw that I have a Tactica on him as well ;) It's just as massive as the Pandora one.

Alp Bombs are fun but they get on peoples nerves after a while ;) They pretty much shut down the models in them and force them to basically kill themselves trying to do anything at all. It's pretty horrible ^^.

Remember Barby, with the Dreamer you can have any number of Teddies. He removes their Rare 1. I often run a list with 3 of them =D. I figured LCB just holds someone while all the Teddies dance in circles around them singing in a high pitched child-like voice.

Hi and welcome to the Neverborn (one I've recently left behind but loved every minute of!)

The advice you've been given is great, just one thing to add - make sure you pick up 1 or 2 insidious madnesses. They're insanely great alongside both Pandora and LCB so will get a lot of use :D

If you need any help/advice/ideas just post - there's a lot of experienced NB players on here who will help you, especially with some cheeky little synergies (eg. with your Pandora list you can inflict 5wds per failed WP test ;))

Take it easy. MP

Remember Barby, with the Dreamer you can have any number of Teddies. He removes their Rare 1. I often run a list with 3 of them =D. I figured LCB just holds someone while all the Teddies dance in circles around them singing in a high pitched child-like voice.

If you go down to the woods today,

You're sure of a big surprise.

If you go down to the woods today,

You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was

Will gather there for certain because

Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Picnic time for teddy bears;

The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.

Watch us catch them unawares,

And see them picnic on their holiday.

See them gaily gad about.

They love to play and shout,

They never have any cares.

At six o'clock their mummies and daddies

Will take them home to bed

Because they're tired little teddy bears.