Night Terrors, any one try em?

I was flipping through my RP book the other day, when I came across the Night Terrors. The trigger for the spell "Night Falls" seems like it could be highly useful in a Resser crew. The spells initial effect is a 6" aura that gives a -4rg to all ranged attacks and is CC of 12. That's pretty nice to give our mostly melee crew's a chance to close the gap against high ranged crews. The trigger needs a crow to be flipped and will reduce models WP in the aura by -2. Night Terror has a Ca of 4, so on an 8 Crow that's -4rg to all ranged attacks and -2wp to all models in the 6" aura. Keep in mind, there is no resist to this spell, unless it has been changed. Has any one tried this yet, and is it as good in play as it is on paper?

I personaly have not had much luck with them.

Night Falls requires the attacking model to be within 4 inches not the target. This IMHO makes it not work out well as a range defense. The trigger to give -2 wp is nice but I dont think it makes them a better option then just takeing Gaki.

I just dont think as they are in the book they are all that usefull. The range defense I just dont think as solid for an aura you have to get in range. They do have moblity but to make that shine you need to take them in packs. The aura dont stack and they are not that hot on combat so takeing mutiple is of limited use. Other people may have more luck then me on this. Even if you dont want to take gaki my point was more there are a lot better options to take for the cost.

Our local Marcus player has used a group of 4 of them to great effect. they are so incredibly fast when in a group, that it's hard to stop them from getting to wherever they need to be for their objective. Not so useful for beating on the enemy, but very, very useful for achieving certain strategies or schemes.

I liken them to the Insidious Madness. Some interesting abilities, but the real power comes from their mobility in objective-based missions.

I liken them to the Insidious Madness. Some interesting abilities, but the real power comes from their mobility in objective-based missions

I think this is the question for me; Are they better then Insidious Madness? They'll be competing for the same slot in most builds.

IMHO the Wp de-buffs are a no brainer -2 Wp is much less powerful than :-fate on Wp.

I used them to great effect vs the Ortegas a while ago. Brought two of the blighters and managed to 'bottleneck' most of the ortegas. I used my high cards to keep them alive as long as possible but they made it a nightmare for my opponent! By the time they died he had a Rogue Necromancy and two Flesh constructs all up in his grill :D

I'm really looking forward to them.

I think this is the question for me; Are they better then Insidious Madness? They'll be competing for the same slot in most builds.

IMHO the Wp de-buffs are a no brainer -2 Wp is much less powerful than :-fate on Wp.

Ones a Neverborn model ones a Ressurectionist model. The only list where they compete is Kirai.

We were talking about these a bit last night, in relation to Marcus. With Spirit, and Hard to Kill, I would think they shouldn't die THAT fast. Could help Marcus with things like Feral/Alpha. Overall though, the best use certainly seems to be for Seamus/Kirai and any Wp targeting abilities they have.