My guild thus far

FoeRender

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

So things got real hectic on my end so havnt been blogging , painting or even playing ! , but things are back to norm so .... back into malifoux !

Working on papa loco , don't know what it is , I like the model I just don't want to paint it lol . Its like writers block I want to finish off the ortegas before I move on but am uninspired to paint papa loco .

Going back and looking at my stuff Iam looking at them with a fresh eye and ( this always happens when I take a break ) I kinda wanna bring the older models in my brew up to snuff with my more recent ones now that i have a hold on the scale and style of malifaux much different than the flashy style I used for 40k and war machine . For 40k and war machine I was known for my more cartoon-y graphic novel type style , I want my malifaux to be more muted and dark .

here is an example of my regular style before malifaux

P3230377.jpg

The style iam at with malifaux

2011-04-27101512-1-1.jpg

where I want to be

http://www.coolminiornot.com/306599?browseid=1732102

• 2 months later...

Try and get a full spectrum Day light bulb if you can, it will provide the best light if you only run one while taking photos. If the budget allows though having 2-4 different spectrum lights (tempreture K is what you are looking at) on booms like this one:

post-2346-13911924395479_thumb.jpg

(office Depot has a generic one they sell for around $15.00) will improve your photos a lot (as will using the macro setting on the camera).

Finished the guardian and mechanical attendant

2012-08-12231327-2.jpg

2012-08-12231348-1.jpg

2012-08-12231247-1.jpg

2012-08-12231305-1.jpg

Did some work on another watcher , bent the wings a bit to give it a more flighty feel .

2012-08-12231539-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

@omenbrother , thanks for the tip il look into that bulb for sure .

Edited by FoeRender

• 4 weeks later...