Tactica Myranda: how to make her useful!

Rathnard

Transformed models gain everything BUT the spells. So looking for other beasts with good spells doesn't help her much :)

She can cast spells from other beasts within 6 inchs and she doesn't need to pick which spell until she has already done her casting flip.

It is a great spell and well worth casting just to leave your options open.

And Myranda can't make Ramos a beast herself unless she shapeshifts into a Raptor. But then it works.

Phil

This last weekend I saw a wonderful use for Myranda that just blew me away. You use her with Ramos. She hits him turn 1 for 1 damage,but makes him a beast. Then she runs around casting all of Ramos's spells.

6 Electrical fires in a turn makes for lots of amusement.

I was on the wrong end of that combo as well!

Made my guild guard rather unhappy... And by unhappy I mean dead...

This last weekend I saw a wonderful use for Myranda that just blew me away. You use her with Ramos. She hits him turn 1 for 1 damage,but makes him a beast. Then she runs around casting all of Ramos's spells.

6 Electrical fires in a turn makes for lots of amusement.

I assume this includes a Raptor to beastify Ramos? I can't seem to find anything Myranda herself has to accomplish that.

I assume this includes a Raptor to beastify Ramos? I can't seem to find anything Myranda herself has to accomplish that.

Ramos and Myranda and a mobile toolkit.

turn 1: mobile toolkit gives Myranda and ramos +:tomes. Myranda turns into a raptor attacks ramos gets enrage to make him a beast. Myranda turns back into Myranda.

turn 2: Myranda now can use any (1) on Ramos as long as he's within 6" due to beast characteristic. Mobile toolkit continues to give +:tomes to Myranda and Ramos, because that's what he does.

• 3 weeks later...
Good, just checking before I mentioned that with Myranda you can have 3 Shikomes on the table each with a Raptor/whatever hunting partner :)

I think that Marcus/Myranda/2 Shikome/Filler beasts is probably one of the strongest power-hitter lists out there.

There are a few drawbacks to this, though. Myranda has a hard time getting a Prey - you have to pull off the shapechange, and then use New Prey for her entire next turn. Very expensive way to get a Prey.

2 Shikome are definitely heavy hitters, but at that point you've also got about half of your force in models that can only hit specific targets. That can be pretty easy for an opponent to exploit and leave your Shikome unable to hit much of anything.

• 1 month later...