Sticky'ed Tactica's are outdated

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I was looking through the stickied tactica's and just about every single one of them is so outdated for the first 3 or so pages and by the time you get to the more up to date info it becomes extremely difficult to get through.

Now Karn has been doom an Amazing job on his downloadable tactica's but why hasn't the stickies been updated and made relevant to the currently released models. In fact when a Tactica starts out with "this caster sucks" like one of them did it should be redone.

Just a thought.

Most of the stickies are posts where someone asked something like "How do I do this better" and other people responded with advice. There are some threads that were created specifically to be a tactica in the original post, and hopefully those will be updated within the next couple of months.

Even if the authors are still actively involved in the game, they may lack some free time and it does take a little while for the new rules to sink in.

I do realize that the tactica is volunteer based, but maybe there can be a community effort to update them.

Do you guys think there would be players willing to work together to do this, and would the Mods support this effort too?

I to would be willing to help out, and no one needs to do it alone, it just takes the OP update an original post. But most of the threads should be restarted.

Thoughts?

If people post further tactics in the gremlin thread I will update the opening post with a link to theirs. I have a section for post book 2 tactics.

But nobody has really done that.

You need to PM me though, so I know it's there.

Having links to other threads relating to the OP tactica is a great idea and am glad someone is maintaining their thread.

But there are many where the person who started the thread isn't even active on the forums anymore. How would these get the love they need.

Having links to other threads relating to the OP tactica is a great idea and am glad someone is maintaining their thread.

But there are many where the person who started the thread isn't even active on the forums anymore. How would these get the love they need.

Good question.

Instead of full tacticas maybe threads with a list of links to good tacticas could be used, maintained by people who are still active.

But stickying/unstickying would require moderator intervention (obviously)...I wish you luck!

I do realize that the tactica is volunteer based, but maybe there can be a community effort to update them.

Do you guys think there would be players willing to work together to do this, and would the Mods support this effort too?

I to would be willing to help out, and no one needs to do it alone, it just takes the OP update an original post. But most of the threads should be restarted.

Thoughts?

There are a few Tactica threads where the OP is the actual tactica and the rest of the thread is more or less discussion on it. I haven't looked for all of them, but I can imagine they are in the same boat I'm in which there are many subtle changes and not everyone has access to the new rules yet.

Karn and Sandwich both seem to still be very active in the community as far as I can tell so I'm expecting those Tacticas to receive a few updates over the next few months as the new rules sink in and people start playing fully in the new rules.

Over the last two weeks I've noticed most of the active Malifaux players at my LGS actually have the new Rules Manual so things seem to be moving forward.

Karn - Dreamer/Pandora/Lilith/Leveticus Tactica Documents

MrNybbles - Showgirls Tactica

Sandwich - Tactica: Seamus

Karn has done an amazing job, can't say it enough, with many of the Neverborn but the actual stickies are outdated. Zoraida has a great one but it is not stickied an has been buried.

I guess the biggest culprits I can think of are the Arcanist's tactica. They have been neglected and one of them opens up with bashing on Ramos for being a bad master. Not very encouraging for those who consider playing him.