Stitched Together or Alps?

Murphy'sLawyer

Stitched are awesomeness - esp as you can

1. activate cloud of fog

2. bury the stitched

3. they're buried in the resolve effects stage so cloud of fog stays active

4. drop them out anytime you need 4" of obscuring cover

5. rebury them and keep cloud of fog active for as long as you like

Having said that, keep an eye out for Insidious Madnesses - you can do the same thing with their -ive flip aura and it'd be great to drop them out around your teddies - enemy has to take terrifying tests at a -ive from each one ;)

Yeah go with the Stitched Togethers for your initial buy. Alp Bombs are a great tactic for beginner players to, but I think Alps have their greatest use once you get season with the Dreamer and learn when to sneak one into your list to capitalize on some other effects. The Bomb does work... but is easy to counter at the same time, so I prefer just to use 2 or maybe 3 (rarely now) to tie up things and not really bomb any more.

But Stitched are incredibly tough, can deal out a ton of damage, and are a huge tar pit for anyone running into one. As was mentioned above, you can pop Creeping Fog and bury them only to bring them out later with the fog still up. The problem with that is they can't see out of their own fog =D

Thanks for the advice. I also am still getting through your 40 some page tactica Karn and have to say I am impressed.

Though I have gone through and corrected the spelling and grammatical mistakes, because I am neurotic like that.

Has anyone been running 2 or more teddys since the other Nightmares came out? They are expensive but for some strategies they look like pure win.

Hamelin vs. Alp Bomb probably makes for the longest and most uninteresting game of Malifaux.. ¬_¬

Depending on whether there's a model with Terrifying nearby or not will probably determine who wins in the end - but I think it'd take a few hours to resolve it.

Soeh.. Don't do it - LoL

If Hoffman (or anyone else for that matter) has any number of Poison Counters (1 to infinity), then he can take at least 2 Wd from any damage source.

Armor only reduces the Dg taken to a minimum of 1.

Poison Counters increase the amount of Wd you suffer by 1 (regardless of the amount of counters).

To reduce it to 1 Wd he'd have to have Object - like the Mannequins - unfortunately that's a chracteristic/trait and not a Talent so he can't Assimilate it :(

Armor #: A model suffering damage reduces the damage by the indicated number down to a minimum of 1.

Object #: Not considered Living models. Reduce Wd suffered by # to a minimum of 1.

The whole difference between wound and wamage is the way abilities interact with them. If something affects wounds it has no effect on damage and vise versa.

If Hoffman (or anyone else for that matter) has any number of Poison Counters (1 to infinity), then he can take at least 2 Wd from any damage source.

Armor only reduces the Dg taken to a minimum of 1.

Poison Counters increase the amount of Wd you suffer by 1 (regardless of the amount of counters).

To reduce it to 1 Wd he'd have to have Object - like the Mannequins - unfortunately that's a chracteristic/trait and not a Talent so he can't Assimilate it :(

You mean Blight Counters, not Poison.

I've noticed the alp bomb is a cute trick...but when you know its coming its not bad at all...in a tourny id hate much more to see cop, teddy, stitcheds popping out... Our even just one our two alps are nice with I third summoned early... Avoid one trick ponies at all costs in tournies..

I've noticed the alp bomb is a cute trick...but when you know its coming its not bad at all...in a tourny id hate much more to see cop, teddy, stitcheds popping out... Our even just one our two alps are nice with I third summoned early... Avoid one trick ponies at all costs in tournies..

I have been trying to think of a counter but if the player does the bomb "right" it looks extremely hard to counter. Your best bet is to have the Black Joker pop up when he release the dreams. Not something to bank on.

Also that one trick had my whole crew, after LCB took out my flanking tot in the first round, terrified and fleeing top of round 2. If you had a spread out all shoot army that was fast enough to get in range it might stand a chance, but melee oriented crews are toast.

Serriously, if you think it is easy to counter your opponent was not playing it right.

Players play it right... I play pandora mainly followed by soniia marcus zoraida..non of which has lost to alp bombing....don't get me wrong he can snag a model or two..but rarely does it win them the game..

Ahhhh.... Pandora was one of the Masters I thought might be able to deal with those Alps. Incite them to death after they are dropped. You just have to make sure you can get your opponent to drop them before she is in range of all those Alps.

Even then I don't think it would be an easy counter, it will take a well thought out plan to counter it because the pop and scat LCB will be surgically eliminating your much slower crew.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer