Advice on Hamelin Crew Building?

DangerousBeans

I have recently become a lucky recipient of a Hamelin box and was mulling over what else to buy. I've no in-game experience with the crew but I'd still like to order me some more stuff while I await the rat catchers and wretch.

First off, how many rats is it worth having (assuming 30-35ss game), I've got 6 but I feel like I'll need possibly another 6.

Secondly, what models from other faction work well with him? I was thinking about Baby Kade, mostly as it gives me an excuse to get him but also as Hamelin's crews seem to lack any form of beatstick options and Kade slices folks up pretty well. He'd also fit the theme of Hamelin's crew pretty well, being a kid and all.

The 'Generic' 30ss List I was thinking of is:

Hamelin (4ss Cache)

Wretch

Kade

Rat Catcher

1 x Stolen

5 x Rats

Too many rats to start with? Would I be better off with more stolen/rat catchers?

No Nix? O_o

I dunno.. My philosophy on Hamelin is that you'll get Rats (and through them Ratcatchers) eventually - no need to bring them from the start.

Canines and Desperate Mercenaries are good and cheap and easier to maneouver around than the Rats (even if the Rats under perfect circumstances are faster (but that's just it - perfect circumstances)).

The 35SS list I'm planning looks about this:

Hamelin 7~8 cache

Wretch

Nix

4 Desperate Mercenaries

2~4 Canine Remains

1~2 Stolen/Night Terrors

Still haven't heard from Maelstrom about my preordered Hamelin though :(

Shouldn't you be working Mr Slacker?
Not only am I not working, I am not working from home today! Lots of writing getting done:)

I fear not Warpigs, bring it on! Shame you can't shoot them with the pigapult.
That would be awesome. Although, targeting them with the pigapult would work because they have a very low Df, so much better chance of getting those :blast :blast :blast off! And then Warpig can munch on some wounded beast and get all its Wd back - go, go Theoryfaux!

@ Sholto: AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! What have I done!

@ Woodschow: I actually forgot about Nix :S not sure if I 'get' him though. Seems he'd be good at staying alive and moving stolen/rats about. Also keeping things non-insignificant should Hamelin somehow actually die. 7ss though, is he worth it? Nice model right enough.

alright, I'll try:

Hamelin (4ss)

Wretch

Ratcatcher

Nix

Kade

3 x rats

And just make sure to be summoning stolen for the first couple of turns.

Candy is another good one to think about when playing hamlin, because of her sours and sweets, it makes Nix/Hamlin a little bit more harder to kill. By the by, Hamlin vs Ophelia is like punching a baby

I think when I played last I ran

Hamlin

Wretch

Nix

Candy

3 Desperate mercs

left over into cache (I forgot how big the game was)